Chapter 66: The Rules

Start from the beginning

"I'm surprised you safely arrived here by yourself. Without followers. Considering it's you very first time here, Commander Elkni." Danif appeared behind one of the shelves.

"I'm afraid I thought I got lost, Lord Danif." Elkni gave off a smile.

"Please, do not address in such formality, Commander. I am no 'Lord' or any sort of nobility. Just a plain 'Sir Danif' of the royal castle. Follow me, this way, please." old Danif lead the commander to where the queen was seated. 

"I have come as you have ordered, Your Majesty." Elkni lowered his head in the presence of the queen. 

"I appreciate your hardwork, commander. But this occasion is somewhat special. I believe this is our first time in this place, am I wrong? I hope I'm not." the queen walked towards the small shelf and grabbed an old book with it's color fading, pages started to fall apart and ripped pieces.

"Ah..The Rules..." the queen put the book down on the table carefully.

"It makes me feel worried whenever I hear that book's title." Danif sighed as he clutched his chest.

"If I'm not wrong, that book called The Rules, are one of the ancient books that was known to have disappeared centuries ago in order to hide it from the people." Elkni said.

"Half of what you've said is true. This book is not entirely a 'book'. It's the personal journal of one of the greatest kings in the history of Exo Planet, King Nesien. The fifth king of Exorian Kingdom." said the queen.

"This journal was the last of all king's personal journal.  After learning about the mysterious deaths of the previous kings, he learned that they all have one thing in common; they were the chosen ones. Wanting to know and solve the mysteries of their deaths, King Nesien decided to investigate and and dig up information himself. All the things he's done are all written in this journal. Would you read this, Commander?" the queen offered the delicate and fragile book to the man.

Commander Elkni sat on one of the chairs and flicked through the pages with a crunching sound.

(*A/N: please just imagine things like this are real)

"Year 1401, March 7th

Today marks the second year of my investigation of the death mysteries of the Kings who came before me. Thus far, the results are still a mystery itself. For the two years I have spent attempting to unveil the truth; I have come to a conclusion.

The First King, according to the records, he has an ability powerful enough to destroy planets. Fearing the destructive power, he shared this ability of his to his people and that is why we could use them freely even now. His power resulted chaos. The Dark Lord appeared and war broke out during the First's time. The cause of his death was unknown. Old age, sickness, assassination - those reasons were invalid. Similar things happened to the Kings who came after. The Second King seemed to have died a natural cause but the Third King's death was awfully similar to the First. 

I took the liberty of examining his preserved remains before they decided to have his body to rest in peace. The Third King was known to be a Legna Thaumaturge. A name that was given to those who are chosen. As I thought, there is a pattern. Legna Thaumaturges dies the same way. There are also 'rules' that I found in the journals of the previous rulers.

The First Rule: The chosen must gather twelve companions, swear an oath of loyalty and ascend to success.
The Second rule: See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil..."

Commander paused and looked at the queen as he read the second rule. Waiting for an answer, Danif cleared his throat and spoke.

"The second rule was somehow broken. It says 'see, hear, speak' no evil but, after the wrath of the Dark Lord centuries ago, it was unavoidable to see, hear and speak no evil. In other words, people now cannot turn a blind eye." he said.

"But what would happen if they broke this rule? Would there be consequences?" asked Elkni.

"I've read through all of King Nesien's journals and it says 'if a rule was broken, the next generation might suffer' . " the queen answered.

The commander nodded and proceeded to read the remaining line of the journal. He stopped and gasped at the passage. 

"The Third Rule: One must sacrifice for the others. The chosen must become the source of strength, power and life of its companions." 

"Absurd, is it not? That third rule." the queen sighed as she stood up. 

"What does this mean, Your Majesty?" confused by the what the third rule indicates, Commander Elkni refused to believe.

"It means just what it says, Commander. There is nothing more or less to it." Danif took the book off Elkni's hand and put it on the table.

The commander stared at him, then to the queen in incredulity. Swallowing the truth he was told, a cold sweat ran down his forehead as he clench his jaw.

"Are you thinking of doing something?" Queen Jah turned to him with a questioning look.

Commander Elkni lowered his head and got down on one knee. "Forgive me, Your Majesty. I have a mission to attend to. If you will, please excuse me." he said.

"You are dismissed, Commander."

"Thank you very much."

The time is nearing and everyone is in distress. Ever since the Death Gods appeared, the guardians, HanGyuk, and the rest of Exo Planet are in high alert. Not knowing when or where the Dark Lord will attack. 

It may only be the beginning, but it may also be the end. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I am back again.

I've updated twice this week?? Holy carp! I updated twice in one week!!? 

*//v//*

--Authour--