Bonding with the baby

CLARA'S POV

"How was School?", Joanne asked as I walked into the living room.

I just laughed thinking about the riot in Biology.

"Yeah it was good", I laughed.

"What's so funny?", Joanne smiled.

"Aha just something that happened in Biology", I said. "Where is Max?"

"Upstairs sleeping, you wouldn't mind checking on him would you?", Joanne asked.

"No not at all"

I made my way upstairs and went into the small room at the back - which was now Max' room. Of course he would wake up as soon as I walk into the room. He was crying and squirming.

"Hey it's alright", I say disconnecting the tubes from his tiny, fragile body. "Hiya", I say and he gives me a small smile.

His small fingers wrap around my thumb holding it - he's so cute. Why did I ever doubt on having a little brother? He's too adorable.

"Shall we go see your mummy?", he kicks his legs out and make baby noises.

I carefully carry him back downstairs and take him into Joanne.

"Is that him awake now?"

"Yeah", I say passing him over.

"I really don't know why I ever doubted on having a little brother or sister, they are great company", I say taking a seat next to Joanne.

I'm glad that I have someone to talk to now, I find it hard to connect with my dad for some reason. Joanne I can connect with, she is so kind and caring and there for me.

"Yeah baby's are great company, it's just hard to get used to all the crying and it is a lot of hard work. I'm glad your here to help Clara I'm sure you will make a great big sister to him"

"Aw thanks", I say smiling.

Joanne finishes feeding him and then hands him back over to me. I take him back upstairs and place him in his cot - connecting the tubes. He looks so vulnerable like that but still adorable. He instantly falls back asleep, I kiss his forehead then go back to my room to watch Star Wars and do homework. Ugh.