Another Shock

CLARA'S POV

We started walking home from Richard's. "You should probably talk to your dad Clara", said John. I took a hold of his hand. "I know, I just couldn't believe it. It was such a shock", I said.

When we got back to John's dinner was out. "Okay John, I'm off to work see you both later", said Linda.

Next day...

I'm going back to see my dad today and try and make things straight with him and I guess I am just going to have to get along with Joanne maybe shes nice? "You might be better waiting in my room", I said to John. He nodded and went upstairs.

"Clara we need to talk", said my dad and I went into the livingroom and sat with him and Joanne.

"I know it's a shock for you Clara, but you just need to move on in life, I am not replacing your mum. Your mum will always have a place in my heart", he said and I smiled. "I know and I'm sorry I over reacted", I said and he took me into a hug.

"Any other secrets you have because you may aswell tell me now?", I said before leaving the livingroom.

"Well actually Clara there is something", he said and I sat back down. "Okay so what is it?", I asked.

"Please don't over react Clara, me and Joanne have been together for a while now and well...she is pregnant with my child".

I could not believe what I was hearing. "Shes what?", I said "No way"

"Clara please", he said. "No dad, you said you weren't replacing mum I understand you have moved on but not for you to go get some other woman pregnant", I started to cry now. I ran upstairs and slammed my room door shut.

"Clara what happened?", asked John. "Yeah well everything was going well and then he told me she is pregnant, she got her fucking pregnant", I shouted. "Clara please calm down, we're going to sort it", he said trying to comfort me. He really was trying.

I ended up staying at John's for another week. My dad and Linda had spoken about everything and he told her why I didn't want to speak to him at the moment.

We only had one more week until we went back to school.

So we all decided on doing something fun.

"Yes I love the beach!", squeaked Lily. "Okay thats that then", I said.

We all decided that we would spend the day at the beach and get a chippy for dinner. Martha couldn't make it today as she was on holiday with Mickey and his family. Amy and Rory are coming though.

"Okay so what bikini should I wear?", I asked John. "Um the red one that would look good on you", he smirked. I quickly packed my bag and put denim shorts over my bikini and a white vest top. I shoved my hair in a bun and put my sunglasses on. I slipped my white converse on. "Ready", I said. "Finally", said John.

"You two took a long time", laughed Richard. "Clara takes ages to get ready", said John. I playfully punched his arm. "I do not", I smirked. "Yeah you do'"

"Come on Clara lets go swimming", said John he was whining like a big child. "Fine", I said and took his hand.

"Oh my god its freezing", I said. "You'll get used to it", said John pushing me into the water. I will get him back. "Oi", I said and splashed him then he splashed me back.

We were like a bunch of big kids. But we are only 16 so its okay.

Later we all went to the chippy. We ordered some fish and chips and went back to the beach and I tried to get a tan before we went back to school.