Babysitting

CLARA'S POV

You would think babies were all innocent and cute. Most people think that.

But that is all different when you have to live with one. Getting woken up at 3 o'clock in the morning listening to a screaming baby when you have a test the next day. It's a killer.

"I can't take this much longer", I groaned as I walked into the common room.

"It will get better Clara", Lily said.

"Yeah sure. I have to babysit him tonight so my dad and Joanne can get a break", I said.

"I would offer to help Clara, but if I'm honest with you I don't have the patience with kids. Having a sister is enough for me", Lily said. "But you could ask John to help you, he's great with his cousin".

I thought about that. John is always great with kids and they always seem to love him.

"Hm. Maybe your right Lil, I'll go ask him", I said and went to find John.

I walked outside to see Richard, leaning against the wall. Obviously smoking.

"Hey Richard, have you seen John?", I asked him.

He through his cigarette away and came to join me.

"I think I saw him go up to Mr Capaldi's class.

"Is that the physics class?"

"Yeah"

I made my way up to the science department to find John. I didn't want to go into his class. That teacher scared me with his Scottish accent and he said to most people to shut up or call them names like pudding brains or threaten them with his shoe. Well that's what people told me.

Thankfully by the time I reached his class he was just coming out.

"Clara what you doing here?",he asked shoving his books into his bag.

"I need to ask you a favour", I said.

"Yeah what's up?"

"Can you help me baby sit Max tonight because I really can't do it on my own it's too stressful and he keeps crying and your really good with kids and...", he cut me off with a kiss.

"Of course I will. There's no need to panic", he laughed.

- - -

"Bye dad, bye Joanne", I said as I shut the door.

I walked into the living room to see Max lying there in his cot. There he had all the tubes sticking out from him. I really did feel sorry for him when he was like that but when he is crying at all hours in the morning I just can't handle it.

"Hi Clara", John said kissing me.

"Hey", I smiled.

"Aw can I hold him", John said.

"Yeah but wait until he wakes up that's when he will need a feed", I said.

John loved children he was great with them, I've seen him with Kayleigh and now Max it's really cute if I'm honest.