Losses and the past

JOHN'S POV

I woke up with Lily lying next me. Clara and Richard must of left earlier on. I trailed my hand up and down Lily's arm. "Lily", I nudged her and she awoken. She threw a pillow at me. "John leave me alone I want to sleep", she moaned and rolled over. John kissed her neck. "Lily your parents will be home soon there is beer bottles everywhere", I said and she shot up. We tidied everything up as quick as we could. Her parents came through the door and her little sister ran in and hugged Lily's leg. "Hi there John", said Lily's mum. "Hi Mrs James", I smiled. "Hi Lexi", said Lily lifting up her sister. "Lily I better get heading now", I said. "Okay I will walk you John", said Lily.

We started walking to my house. I let Lily come in for a while. "John is that you son?", asked my mum. "Yes its me and Lily", I shouted. My mum walked in. "Take a seat John", my mum gestured us towards the chair. We sat down. "I'm affraid we have bad news", she sighed and carried on. "Well your dad is in hospital John", she said. "What why?", I asked. "Last night he got into a fight and the guy he was fighting with apparently stabbed him", she was crying now.

LILY'S POV

John's head fell when he heard the news. "I am going up to the hospital tonight to see if he is okay are you wanting to come?", asked John's mum. "Yes I want to come", John frowned and ran upstairs. "I will check on him Mrs Smith", I said and ran up behind John. "John?", I said and took a seat next to him. " I can't do this Lily not after Sarah its too soon I can't lose him", cried John. John went to his bedside cabinate and pulled out a pack of pills and looked at them. "John, no put them back your not going back to the old days!", I shouted. "Come on we will go a walk and go see Clara and then Richard", said I said.

RICHARD'S POV

I was sitting in my room watching TV when the door went and my mum shouted up, "Richard its John and Lily". "Tell them to come up", I shouted. John and Lily came into my room and John's eyes were puffy and red. "John mate whats up?", I asked. "My D-..", John just broke into tears. "His dad was stabbed last night and he is in hospital fighting for his life", said Lily. I gasped. "Aw come here mate", I said and took him into a hug.

CLARA'S POV

I was happily reading my book when I heard Lily shouting my name. I opened the door and said, " you know normal people could just knock the door", I joked. "No time for jokes Clara", Lily said seriously. Lily told me the story about John's dad. I gave him hug.

JOHN'S POV

I arrived at the hospital with the gang they were waiting outside for me.

'Richard if John loses his dad I think he is going to go back to his old ways, said Lily.

'Lily I don't think so it was only last year that he was all clear and he was proud of that and said he would never do it again, said Richard.

'But today when I was with him he pulled a packet of pills out of his drawer and I told him no and he just looked at me, Lily said clearly panicking.

'Relax Lily John's a smart boy, said Richard.

'Right here is your coffee, said Clara passing Lily and Richard coffee.

About 30minutes later John came out to the three of them. 'He is getting kept in over night, said John.

Next day

CLARA'S POV

I walked into biology and took a seat next Richard then Lily came in. Mr Ferguson took the register and I noticed that John wasn't in. "Wheres John Lily?", I asked. "I don't know he should be here by now", said Lily. "Do you know where he is Richard?", asked Lily quite concerned. "No but I will give him a call at break", said Richard.