Chapter 43- Everything Will Be Okay

Start from the beginning

"He say's this is temporary, it isn't permanent." Rick said again.

"Why not?" I asked him angrily.

"I don't know, were going to try and convince him though. See if he'll let us stay on the farm longer." He said confidently.

I nodded and looked down at the ground. "My leg, it probably won't heal for days." I said quietly.

"I know, don't worry about it though." He said sadly. "Worry about getting better."

"How's everyone doing, any problems?" I asked him, trying to get off of the subject.

"Fine I guess, we're going to have a funeral for Otis. It's the proper thing to do." He said sadly.

I looked out the window to the little camp. "I hope I can come." I said sadly. Rick patted my leg.

"Don't worry, it's today and we're going to have Daryl carry you out." He informed me, stifling a chuckle.

I raised a brow and looked at him surprised. "I think I'm a little big to be carried out." I said jokingly.

Rick stood up, shaking his head slightly back and fourth. "Don't worry Mariah, everything will be okay." He said reassuringly.

"I know." I said quietly. With that, he disappeared into the hallway, closing the door behind him.

I looked in the mirror across the bed. My hair was messy and dirty, covered in grime from not showering. The door creaked open, Jason and Alex stood in front of me. Jasons lips where pressed into his typical frown and Alex grinned like an idiot.

"Catching up on your beauty sleep?" Alex asked jokingly. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed.

Jason sat down on the bed and Alex sat down in the chair. "How are you feeling?" Jason asked taking my hand.

I yanked my hand away and scowled at him. "Fine, you don't need to treat me like a baby Jason." I said mockingly.

His lips stayed tugged down at the corners as he leaned back again the bed frame behind him. "You should be more careful when fighting off walkers." He shot back.

"The walkers weren't the problem, Carol was. She wouldn't be here otherwise, Jay." Alex reasoned.

I glanced between the two cautiously, putting the pieces together that Jason had finally made a friend.

"Having a bromance Jason?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes at me and Alex snorted. "What we can't be friends?"

I smirked and looked at Alex. "So you're BFF's then?"

Alex nodded. "You can say that I guess." He said.

He winked at me and I rolled my eyes. "Can you guys get me food, like I'm starving to death." I pleaded, noticing my grumbling stomach.

Jason stood up and yanked Alex to his feet. "We'll get Beth to bring you something." He said almost too sweetly.

Then the two bumbling idiots left the room, arguing all the way down the hallway.

I sighed and leaned back into the pillows. Who would be in here irritating me next? Daryl or maybe Carol, to apologize.

I was a little surprised to see Allison walk in and sit in the chair. Sadness was plastered to her face like a canvas and her blue eyes were staring at me with emotion.

"You look worse than I do, what's wrong?" I asked trying to see what she was hiding.

She sighed and looked away from me to the dark, hard-wood floors. "Can I tell you something. Its rather private, only few people know this." She said quietly.

I nodded and sat up a little bit. "You can tell me anything Allison, we're like sisters now."

Then she exploded right into her story, not even taking a last minute chance to breath. "When you got shot, you reminded me of something I should be telling people. Me and Alex's past." She said quietly.

"Me getting shot in the leg reminded you of your past?" I asked curiously.

She nodded and moved the chair closer to the bed. "When Alex and I were little, like seven or eight years old, we were in a bank." She said softly. "We got caught in a bank robbery, our parents and us, we were hostages."

"The robbers, they started to kill people. They would shoot them in the leg, exactly where you got shot. Then they would shoot them in the head. It was rather odd, they had no method to their madness at all." She said sadly.

"Our parents hid us from them, begged them not to kill us. One robber promised to not kill us, since we were little." She said, a tear slipping down her face. "They shot our parents in the leg and shot them in the head. They made us watch too, they made me see my mother and father's life leave their eyes." She said, more tears slipping down her face.

"You can stop, Allison." I said softly, reaching for her hand.

She shook her head and continued to stare off into space. "The robbers, they shot Alex in the leg. They were going to kill him but the police stopped them.
Saved his life and probably mine." She said sadly.

"We grew up in a foster home, we were beaten by one of the caretakers. They told us we weren't wanted and would never get adopted." She said almost chocking on the sentence. "We escaped one night, we lived in the woods basically. We learned how to use a bow and survived off the land." She said calmly, getting a hold of herself.

"When the apocalypse hit, it took us a few weeks to figure out what had happened, where everyone had went."

"We looted buildings and went to a medical building the one you found us in. We found Ryan there actually, he was living off the supplies.Then you guys found us and now we're here." She concluded.

Allison and Alex had such a horrible life, they saw their parents murdered in front of them, they got beaten in a home, they lived on their own, at least they had each other though.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Allison." I said quietly.

She shook her head. "Don't be sorry for me, I have a family now and that's all that matters." She said sweetly.

I smiled and stretched my arms out, waiting for her to hug me. She rolled her eye's and wrapped her arms around me.

"Everything will be alright Allison, I won't let anything happen to you now, your like my sister." I said sweetly.

She smiled and pulled back. "I know, Mariah, thank you for that." She said kindly. She stood up and walked towards the door.

"I'll see you later." She said wiping a tear off her face. I nodded and she disappeared out the door.