Chapter 11- I Can Handel It

Start from the beginning

I quickly kicked his ass, literally and he landed hard on the ground. I kneeled over him before I punched him in the jaw, just a little payback.

I wiped my hands off and turned to walk away when Ed grabbed my ankle, making me fall down. Ed stood up and kicked me hard in the gut once again. I gasped for air, as it was forced out of my lungs.

I reached for his leg but his hand grabbed my arm and twisted it back. He stepped on my leg, forcing all his weight on it. I screamed out and the pressure suddenly was off my leg. I coughed as the air returned to my lungs.

I quickly got up and looked around for Ed, willing to protect Carol or any of the other women.

I looked over to see Shane straddling Ed, punching the shit out of him. I quickly pulled Shane off, knowing he would probably kill Ed.

"Shane!" I screamed. He turned around and stood up, a wild look in his eyes.

He turned back down towards Ed. "You don't touch any woman ever! Not Carol, not Sophia, not Mariah, not anyone. Do you understand me?"

Ed let out a gargling sound and Shane gave him one more punch before storming off.

Carol was hysterical as she begged for Ed's forgiveness, she cried and apologized trying to help her crumpled husband.

I wiped my face, from the blood and walked up to the camp, leaving the women to collect themselves.

Shane and Rick were arguing again and I leaned against the RV, trying to hear their arguing.

"You're going to risk four men for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?!" Shane yelled.

"Wanna rethink that statement?" Daryl growled.

Shane rolled his eyes. "No, douche bag is what I mean."

Daryl scrunched his face up in disapproval before he stormed over to the truck.

Lori walked over to Rick, sadness and anger filling her expression. "Shane's right. You went through hell to find us and now you're going to leave for Merle Dixon?"

Rick stood his ground, looking as determined as ever. "I also dropped a bag of guns."

Shane cocked his head and narrowed his eyes at Rick. "What kinda guns?"

Rick crossed his arms. "The entire sheriff's station, ammunition too."

Shane nodded his head and looked down. "Four men for guns and ammo."

I stepped forward. "Four men and one woman."

Shane shook his head. "That's not happening. No way am I letting five people risk their lives for guns and a Dixon."

I let out a tired laugh and put my hands on my hips. I was so sick and tired of everyone telling me what to do.

"Shane, I know the city. I can help out there. Not here, not when I'm doing laundry and cooking food."

Shane sighed miserably, as if he was having some internal conflict. "Fine you can go. Get those guns, and don't die."

I readjusted my swords on my back and began to walk towards the truck. "I don't plan on it." I called over my shoulder.

Jason grabbed my wrist, forcing me to stop walking towards the truck. "What the hell are you doing, Mariah?"

I smirked and raised an eyebrow, acting as if I didn't know what he meant.

His expression became irritated, very quickly. "I'm serious."

I frowned at Jason and rolled my eyes. "I'm trying to help these people out Jay, and sitting here with my thumb stuck up my ass won't do anything."

He crossed his arms. "You better not put yourself in danger Mariah, or I'll never forgive you."

I nodded and yanked my wrist out of his grip. "I'll come back Jay, don't worry."

He licked his lips, and walked over to Rick and Lori. He began to talk, his expression getting angrier as he pointed at Rick. Lori's jaw dropped open a little, and Rick quickly smacked Jason's finger away from his face. What the hell did Jason say to piss Rick off?

"Come on!" Daryl screamed and honked the horn on the truck behind me.

Glenn and T-Dog rushed over. Jason stormed away into camp before Rick gave Lori one last kiss before wandering over to us. Rick hopped into the drivers seat and started the truck up. I stood beside Daryl while Glenn slid the metal back shut. We drove for a bit, until Rick yelled into the back. "Who are we going after first, Merle or the guns?"

Daryl scowled at Rick. "Merle. Why are we even discussin' this?"

Glenn nodded in agreement. "Merle's closest, we'll do that first."

Daryl cleaned off his arrows, Glenn and T-Dog slipped up near the drivers area.

"We'll get Merle back Daryl, he's a tough man." I said, trying to give him a vote of confidence.

Daryl nodded and studied my face. "You remind me of ma old girlfriend, Jenny."

I watched him closely and waited for him to continue. "She looks, dresses, and even talks like ya."

A smirk slid across my face happily. "Does she smell like me too?"

Daryl's eyes widened and he looked down at the floor. "Sorry, I didn't mean to.."

I chuckled and watched his eyes wander every where else besides my face. "It's okay Daryl, I've had bad break ups too."

"Whatever." He mumbled.

I shrugged and pulled out my small hand gun. I loaded it, then took the safety off and shoved it back into my belt. I already knew I'd be needing that during our trip to Atlanta.

I pulled out my italian knife and played around with it. I ran my thumb along the blade and felt the sharpness of the knife. I came to the conclusion it was fine, dull but it would have to work. I shoved the knife back in my belt and leaned against the wall.

All of a sudden we stopped and I fell forward. I put my hands out to break my fall but it didn't come. I opened my eyes, and looked up to see Daryl looking down at me, a smirk on his face.

"Thanks." I mumbled as he helped me to my feet. He nodded and took his crossbow off his back.

"We walk from here." Glenn shouted.

"Couldn't warn us?" I mumbled. Daryl let out a chuckle.

"For such a tough girl, you're clumsy." Daryl chuckled as he hopped out of the truck.

"Whatever." I mumbled as I scowled at Daryl Dixon's back.