Chapter Four: Bonding with Susanne, Defending Cam

Start from the beginning

“Ah, I decided to stay over a friend’s house for the night. Big mistake, I caught her going through my phone trying to write down my brother’s phone numbers.” She sighed as if this was a regular thing.

“No! Girls actually do that?” I gasped, that was creepy.

And really bitchy.

“Have you seen my brothers? I’ll be honest to the lord, if I wasn’t their sister I’d consider calling them up. Then scream swear words and hang up.” She laughed, making a picking up the phone motion and screaming face.

I laughed along with her, delighted to have a nice girl to show me round the town.

“It’s nice to have a new friend. I can already tell you ain’t a two faced demon with other intentions.” She smiled at me, grabbing my arm to lead me out the Ranch.

“Wait! Where are we going?” I yelped when my leg hit someone’s car, hard.

She threw her head back as she laughed bubbly.

“Shopping, of course!”

“Alright, so I think the grey dress ain’t workin for me, Jess. Why don’t you grab that blue dress over there and try it on.” She suggested, picking at the ugly grey dress that didn’t flatter her figure at all.

I walked over curiously to where she pointed, and then gasped at what I saw. The dress was a beautiful lime green strapless number, with a gold sparkling studded strap that crossed underneath the breasts.

I gently fingered the material, god it even felt expensive! It was so soft under my touch.

I looked at the tag hanging from the side and gapped at the price. It was three hundred dollars, and it was in my size.

Looking at the dress, I battled on whether I should buy it or not. Susanne said it was important to look not only beautiful but feel beautiful when you were a dress to the Buckley ball.

The ball was in four weeks.

I grabbed the dress and went over to the cashier.

As I paid for the dress, I stuffed my credit card back into my wallet, zipping up my handbag.

“Thank you.” I said to the cashier, she smiled at me then looked past me and frowned. I turned around to see why.

Behind me, was a gorgeous ebony haired girl, with cold green eyes that followed my every move. She had a nice curvy body; her hair was up to her shoulders in lovely waves.

“You must be Jessie.” She said with distaste, I raised my left eyebrow at her.

“How do you know my name?” I asked worriedly, was she like a super stalker.

“News spreads around fast,” she rolled her eyes at me as if I was supposed to know that, then the super stalker started walking, circling around and inspecting me.

I grew uncomfortable of her beady eyes.

“Um…I’m not into women.” I said to her, I had no problem with it. My best friend Melinda was a lesbian, and currently dating another close friend of mine, last I heard.

“I am NOT into women!” the ebony girl yelled, stomping her foot on the ground as she stopped circling. Her little shouts drew eyes of other shoppers.

“Well then what do you want?! You’re annoying as hell!” I said truthfully, just ten seconds and I wanted to snap her neck.

“What I want to know is why you’re spending time with Cam! I had to hear from my friends that he was dating a new whore! He’s not supposed to be dating anyone! He’s supposed to beg me to come back to him!” she yelled angrily, wow she was a weirdo.