Chapter 6: Preparation

Start from the beginning

"Effie", I roar.

"Katniss lay off", Effie says. "You get to meet Peeta in a few hours, but for right now we're going to prepare you".

So that's why my prep team is here? It's already morning.

Effie turns on her heel and walks out. I stop crying and prepare myself for a couple of long hours.

If Annie and Johanna wasn't hear with me, I would have gone nuts on my assistents.

Johanna, Annie and I are sitting in three chairs in front of the big mirror wall in mine and Peeta's bedroom.

My assistents take turns to fix different parts of us. We don't need to be fully done until half an hour before the wedding, but believe me when I say that we really need the time.

Effie is running in and out the room and becomes almost half crazy.

Octavia tells her to calm down, but she won't listen.

Haymitch and Plutarch enters now and than, but mostly just to ask the assistents if they need anything.

"Effie, please take a break", Plutarch says when Effie gets another meltdown.

"With all due respect President, no!" Effie says in a dignified tone. "I just can't".

And with that she rushes out again.

I sigh. "I simpley won't make it through the day if you can't calm her down".

"Don't worry Katniss", Plutarch says. "We'll take care of her".

By afternoon when I'm almost completely done and Johanna and Annie sits on the edge of the bed, Pollux and Cassidy enters the room.

"Pollux", I shout and want the raise but the assistents won't let me. "When did come here?" I ask instead.

"This morning", Cassidy says, she holds her mute father tightly in his hand. "But Effie wouldn't let us come in before now, she wants me to get the pillow".

Flavius takes out a box and opens it. Cassidy brings out the most beautiful silver pillow with golden lashes, I have ever seen. It's so beautiful I almost think that there is real gold and silver in the pillow.

"I'm going to have the rings in this pillow", Cassidy says sweetly, Falvius kisses her cheek and she giggles. "Aunt Katniss you're very beautiful", she says and blushes.

"But I don't have the makeup on yet", I say.

"I know that", she says and hurries out of the room.

Pollux smiles at us and hurries after his daughter.

Everybody helps with putting on my dress when the makeup is done.

After a while they get the dress on without my hair or makeup getting messed up, but Venia starts to fix my makeup anyway, just because she's nervous.

Soon, Haymitch comes into the room all fixed up and the assistents go off to fix themselves.

Johanna has my shoes and she and Annie puts them on.

"How are you feeling?" Haymitch asks.

"Nervous", I say. "But happy, glad and nervous, and happy, sooo happy".

After a while Cassidy comes in, she wears a cute pink dress with matching shoes. Her hair is hanging down over her shoulders and she smiles. She has the pillow but not the rings yet.

"Hey", she says and sits down on the bed next to Annie.

"Hey there sweetie", I say.

"Is Finn with Peeta?" Annie asks

"Mhm and Plutarch", Cassidy says and sighs. What's up with her?

"Has something happened sweetheart?" Johanna asks.

"No, nothing special", Cassidy says. "Finn is just mean to me that's all, I don't understand what I've done to him".

"Nothing Cassidy, he can be like that sometimes", Annie says.

"Why?" Cassidy asks, looking at Annie with big eyes.

"I think it has to do with the fact that he wants attention", Annie says. "He wants attention from Peeta, he's like a father to Finn".

"Oh".

We hear the sound of a trumpet and Cassidy pops up.

"I have to go, wait for the other signals before you go, Aunt Johanna and Aunt Annie first", she says and hurries out of the room.

After a few minutes we hear another signal and Johanna and Annie walks out.

I stands by the door. Haymitch comes and stands next to me and we hear another trumpet and we walk out.

We walk the corridor, down the long stairs, we go through another corridor and into the living room where Effie is waiting.

"Okay stand over here", she says to us. "You'll have to walk past a hedge and when you've gone past it you'll see the entire ceremony, there is a white silk carpet, just walk up to it and straight ahead very slowly in rhythm of the music, Haymitch leaves over Katniss to Peeta. Wait for the signal before you walk out".

We nod and Effie hurries to take her place.

We stand right at the door. After about two minutes we hear a trumpet melody before a completely different melody, is it this one we'll go out to? I guess it is.

The butterflies in my stomach takes over my whole body and I start to shake with nervousness. But I smile with my entire face without being able to stop myself.

Haymitch looks down at me, he smiles.

"Ready?" he whispers.

"Ready!" I whisper back.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Well what did you guys think of this one?

I sure hope you liked, but even if you didn't don't be afraid to say so ;)

Please vote and comment, that would make me very happy :)

-Josephine xx