Till The Tests (Part VII)

Start from the beginning

Mirajane looked around, "Maybe he's picking a fight with Gildarts..."

Gray smirked, "Not missing this..."

Mirajane exchanged a smile with Lucy as the ice mage left the girls to themselves.

"I think I'll partner with Aries, Mira," Lucy shot Mira a nervous smile.

The beautiful girl giggled, "Lucy, she's your spirit. That doesn't count!"

"But, Mira..." Lucy groaned making Aries and Juvia laugh.

Lucy shot Mira a pleading look but the stunning girl only giggled, "You have to partner with Natsu, Lucy!"

Lucy sighed, "Alright. I want to... But that guy... Okay."

Mirajane watched the small smile spread Lucy's lips.

"Juvia is a little worried."

Mira blinked before turning to the pretty water mage with the others.

"What if..." Juvia looked actually frightened, "What if Gray partners with Natsu... Where will that leave poor Juvia and Lucy?"

Mira stared.

Why hadn't she predicted that?

"Quick," Her ususally soft tone turned commanding, "After them. Go!"

Lucy and Juvia went running into the building looking for the boys, mostly hurrying because of the tone of Mirajane's order than anything else.

Aries hurried after Lucy, looking extremely disoriented and afraid.

Mirajane sighed before resting against the wall.

Dense did not fully cover the essence of the guys at Fairy Tail High.

Smiling slightly, Mirajane turned to observe the fight that had already begun on the school's lawn.

Bending slowly, Mira let her hair spill over her shoulders as she looked for Laxus. The Head Master's grandson was near the gate, walking steadily as usual.

She let a moment pass before leaning off the wall and skipping after the strong man.

Maybe he would partner with her for Loke's training.

"Gajeel!"

Gajeel stopped walking and looked down behind him.

The little bookworm stood bent over, shorter than ever, panting heavily.

"What's up, Shrimp?"

Levy slowly straightened, "You're... You're too fast, Gajeel!"

Gajeel stared down at the tiny thing that slowly rested against his back.

"Can we take a break... please?"

"We still gotta be at school by two."

"Yeah..." Levy slowly leaned off him, "You're right. We should keep walking... Only one more block..."

Gajeel watched as the slender girl walked past him slowly, dragging along.

He smirked.

At this rate, she'd be crawling the last length to the school's gate.

"Yo, Shrimp," Levy stopped at his gruff, amused voice, "Hold on."

Levy began to turn around before her eyes widened, "Wha-"