"Who's Niall?" I reply with a chuckle and Niall rolls his eyes.

"Get up." The officer snaps at me, tugging at my elbow.

"I can stand myself, thank you very much." I retort.

As to my remark he yanks me up and I'm exposed to a pain that feels like my arm has been ripped off my shoulder.

I exclaim in pain, as to which Niall is quickly stumbling to his feet. "Don't fucking touch my boyfriend like that again or else I'll kill you."

I give Niall a soft smile, "Babe, I'm not your boyfriend."

"Shut up-- Yes you are."

"But I'm not--?"

"Yes. You are." Niall hisses.

"Well, I guess your my boyfriend then." I chuckle nervously, not really wanting to get choked again (for what now, a third time?).

The officer pushes me forward and I watch Niall just bite the inside of his cheek, his eyes hard and narrowed like his debating something in his head before he storms up to the officer, standing in between him and me.

"I told you not to touch Harry like that, yet you still did." Niall says, his voice low, intimidating and dangerous, "Do you have a death wish? Do you want to die?"

"Let me to my job, Niall--"

"I'm not fucking finished!" Niall interrupts with a shout, "Let me see-- Let me fucking see you treating Harry like garbage again. I'll chew you up and spit you out like poison."

(That's a Katy Perry song lyric).

"You don't scare me." He snaps.

"You don't need to be scared of me for me to slit your throat." Niall growls.

I glance in between them, debating what I should do-- The right thing to do, or what I want to do.

I sigh, stepping in between them. "Stop it Niall."

"You should be happy! He's just tossing you around--!"

"Niall, simmer down." I murmur, "Stop it."

Niall's mouth opens but then it shuts, before he tightly clenches his jaw and takes a step backwards.

"Let's go, Harry." The officer says, grabbing my bicep and pulling me out of the room.

Niall just looks at me with his big-doe eyes, waiting for me to say something to him.

"Goodbye." I mumble.

"Is this forever?" Niall frowns.

I nod slowly, "Hopefully not?"

Niall frowns even harder, "Then this would be a good time to tell you I want to marry you."

"This is practically the worst time for you to tell me you want to marry me." I whisper softly.

"Well, I'll have no other time to say it!" Niall exclaims. "Since you're leaving me... Forever..."

"Not forever." I whisper, "I promise."

Niall looks at me with glassy eyes. "I never thought I'd be the one you had to tell you to stop lying, Princess."

"But--"

"Don't make a promise we both know you can't keep."

I open my mouth to speak but the door shuts in my face and I'm just staring at it bewildered with my eyes glassy and wide and my mouth slightly ajar.