Chapter 44

-3 years later-

"Logan, come back." I giggle as I chase after him.

"Catch me, mommy!" He shouts running in a circle with his tiny legs before falling onto the floor. He starts crying.

"It's okay, Logan." I shush him. "You're fine." I tell him. He wipes his eyes and smiles.

"Hey peeps." Bri smiles as she enters our house.

"Hey." I smile. "What's up?"

"I just got you some more clients. They're scheduled to meet you at the office today."

"But today's my day off." I pout.

"These are very important people. You don't want to pass this up." Bri and I both have an office job, a casual 9 to 5. Our boss is a really chill guy since he's the owner of one of the biggest music companies in town, so he let's us take days off or leave early if we need too.

"Okay. When are they scheduled?"

"3pm today." She tells me.

"Okay." I smile.

So you may be a little confused with what's going on now, but here's what happened. After Luke and I had sex he left me and went to a different continent. He has no idea that he has a child and I plan to keep it that way. When Calum found out, he was pissed the hell off. He went with him. Michael is sadly still in a coma but our little sister was born 3 years ago. Michael has no idea that I have a son.

"You want ice cream?" I ask Logan. He nods this a bright smile. He has his dad's deep dimples and blue eyes. His hair is like a mixture between blonde and brown.

I carry him to the kitchen and pull out a small bowl. I place it on the table along with him and pull out the ice cream. I scoop some ice cream out before putting the spoon in and handing it to him.

"Can you watch Logan while I go visit Mikey?" I ask Bri.

"Okay, but I'll have to bring him to work."

"What about his babysitter?"

"She was busy today."

"Okay, fine. I guess he'll have to come to work with us." I sigh. "I have to go. I'll see you at work." I grab my jacket and slide on my shoes before leaving the house. I recently bought myself a car so I just drive that wherever I need to go.

When I arrive in his hospital room, he's definitely looking better. He's had numerous surgeries to remove the pieces of glass and metal lodged in his body.

"Hey Mikey, I see you're doing better." I look at his nightstand where cards and bouquets of flowers sit from our family and friends. "It's alright, you'll be out of this soon. You've missed so much. Like our little sister being born." I hold on to his hand that now has warmth glowing from it.

I refuse to tell him about what the doctors told me. They said he has a month before they pull the plug. But I don't give them permission. It doesn't matter what his dad or my mom say, they will not touch that plug without my consent. And my consent for this does not exist.

"Come on, please wake up, Michael. Use all your strength and open your eyes. I've seen you cry, I've seen you move. You aren't dead. I know you aren't, the Michael I know is strong. He's strict but gentle, but he doesn't take anybody's shit." I chuckle. Then I hear a lot of laughing. Oh my god. "MIKEY YOU'RE UP!" I shout incredibly loud.

"I am? I am!" He then brings me into the tightest hug. "I don't care how much this hurts, I've been wanted to do this for the last 3 years." He whispers.

"Oh my god. I've missed your voice so much." I say as tears run down my face.

"You look so different." He chuckles. "So tell me what I missed."

"Well, I got hired to that place I told you about a few months ago. Bri and I moved in together last year."

"I feel like you're not telling me everything." I'm really not.

"There's just something you have to find out about from seeing it." Like my son. "I have to go to work but I'll bring a doctor in." I walk out the room and down to the lobby. "Can you get a doctor to room 539 please?"

"Of course." The desk lady smiles and without a doubt, she picks up the phone and calls a doctor to his room.

I walk out of the hospital and into my car. I quickly start the drive to my job. When I arrive I pull into my parking spot and get out the car, walking into the building.

I get into the elevator at the receptionist desk where Bri works after I pick up Logan.

"Did you miss me, baby?" I smile setting him on my hip.

"Yes." He nods.

"I missed you too." The doors to the 5th floor open and we walk out. I put him down when I reach my cubicle. I sit in my chair and put him on my lap and give him a pen and paper so he could draw.

My desk phone rings and I press speaker.

"Your clients are on their way up." Bri says.

"Thank you." I smile pressing the end button. A crowd of people flood through the doors, most of them holding a piece of paper. Every piece of paper has a cubicle number.

I put a CD player on my desk. They're a special kind only made for this company, no one else has them.

I see three people sit down. I don't see who they are because I'm still trying to plug it in.

"Hello, and welcome to..." My voice travels off as my eyes land on each of them.

Luke, Calum, and Ashton.

*****
-hey guys
-I know this chapter is a bit rushed
-but I kinda like it
-anyway
-I guess that's all for this chapter
-lol
-I'll see you guys in the next one
-bye
*****
-Nicole