Chapter 31

After Marianna left Michael and I alone, we haven't said a thing to each other. He's staring at me like he want to kill me and my face shows immense terror.

"So." I say scratching the back of my neck, looking down at the ground.

"What?" He asks leaning on the wall behind him.

"Um, I don't know." I awkwardly chuckle. He looks at me with a face that says 'everything about you annoys me'. I look back at him with a face that says 'can we just talk this out' but I know that he didn't come to talk.

"Want some food?" He asks getting up to go to the kitchen.

"Um, no thank you." I shake my head. He exits the kitchen with a bowl of cereal, the weird thing is that he's eating it with a fork.

-Bri POV-

"Megan, I'm so tired." I sigh falling onto my living room couch.

"What have you been up to?" She asks walking out the kitchen.

"Trying to get my friends back together." I sit up a little.

"Did you do it?" She asks sitting next to me.

"Sadly, yes." I nod.

"Why sadly?"

"No reason." I shake my head. "What were you doing?"

"Just washing the dishes." She shrugs.

"I'm surprised." I chuckle.

"What, you thought I wasn't going help out around here?" She smirks.

"I actually didn't." I shake my head.

"Well I did." She smiles proudly.

-Robby POV-

"Wait, who did it?" I ask my frightened girlfriend, Emily.

"I don't know who they were, but they were tall and drunk." She cries, drenched in beer.

"What did they look like?" I take her shoulders in my hands.

"I don't know, I can't remember." She puts her head in her hands. She then shakes her head and looks down.

"Have a warm shower, maybe that'll jog your memory." I suggest. She nods and gets up off of the couch we were sitting on. She looks like she's about to fall up the stairs so I give her a hand and help her to the top. I walked back to the bottom after I hear her turn the shower water on.

I sit back on the couch. I'm gonna kill them. Anyone who messes with the people I love, messes me. Should I go gun shopping? Should I call the police? I don't know.

Some people go crazy when they get drunk. These just be some normal guys in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wrong place, wrong time my ass. They started a fight now they have to finish it and somebody's gonna end up in the hospital.

Maybe this was just a one time thing, the police don't need to be in this. Nor do any firearms. Jus let them go, I'm sure they won't do it again.

'Won't do it again' are you hearing yourself. Thinking guys that did that to an innocent woman 'won't do it again' that's just lunatic.

Well you're the one talking to yourself.

I jump out of my invisible conversation when I hear the water turn off. I act natural so that she wouldn't notice I was talking to myself.

"Why were you talking to yourself?" She giggles walking down the stairs in pink shorts and a white hoodie. At least she's in a better mood.