Chapter 5

-Marianna POV-

I really like Michael. He's relatable, and comforting, and caring. Like a family member.

We got up from the couch we were sitting on and left Michael's flat.

"Where's your car?" Calum asked from behind me.

"I walked." I said a little embarrassed.

"You must be exhausted. We are far from that Starbucks. And since you walked, you must have lived near by." Calum said.

"Well, I walk everywhere, I'm not that tired." I chuckled. The two of them laugh as they led me to a car.

"This is a nice car." I admired it.

"Thanks, its my dad's." Michael smiled getting in the driver's seat. He patted the passenger seat telling me to sit.

"Isn't Calum going to sit there?" I asked.

"No, I can sit in the back." Calum said getting in the back seat.

"Take a seat Anna." Michael chuckled.

"Okay." I smiled sitting down and buckling my seatbelt. They did the same and we drove off to the mall.

***

The drive was really fun. I learned some cool stuff about Calum and Michael and even found out I had some things in common with them. For example, I like to work out and do outside things like Calum and I also enjoy playing video games and snacking like Michael.

When we got to the mall, Michael parked the car and we headed inside. I don't really like to buy things when I go to the mall. I just walk around and see what's new. I buy food sometimes.

After about 5 minutes of walking, we saw this machine. It had a computer thing with a touchscreen mouse pad thing on the desk it sat on. It had at least 20 people in line behind it.

"What's that?" I asked not expecting for them to know.

"Don't know." Calum answered.

"It's new though. It wasn't here when I bought some games yesterday." Michael added.

"Should I ask what it is?" I asked.

"Sure." Michael said. I walked to a man and tapped his shoulder, making him turn around from where he was standing in line.

"Sir?" I asked. "What is that machine?"

"It's a cool new thing they just built. It's supposed to tell your family history, up to the 5th generation." He chuckled enthusiastically.

"How does it work?" I asked getting interested. I could have like a long lost brother or sister or something.

"You put one off your fingers on the small touchscreen and it scans your fingerprint, then you put your finger in a hole and it takes a little bit of blood and then you'll see your family tree shown on the computer." He smiled using a lot of hand movements.

"How do you know so much?"

"I helped designed it." He smiled proudly.

"Well thank you sir." I smiled walking back to the guys.

"What did he say?" Calum asked.

"He said that machine is really cool, it's supposed to show you your family tree. Up to 5 generations." I smiled to them.

"Do you like want to come back tomorrow or something, since its so busy today?" Michael asked.

"Yeah." I nodded looking up at them.