Chapter 22

Calum and I sat in a hospital room, with him in a bed and me in chair next to it.

A nurse entered the room and walked up to Calum with a clipboard in her hand. She lightly poked his nose with her pen. He flinches.

"That looks bad." She says more to herself than us. "What happened?" She asks observing it.

"A bad fight." He answers, his voice now naisely.

"The person who did this should get arrested. This is really bad. I'll get a doctor in here to try and relocate it. It'll be swollen for a couple days after though." She says that all while writing on her clipboard. Then she left, closing the door behind her.

"Worried?" I ask after looking at Calum's uneasy facial expression.

"Yes. I've seen how they fix broken noses. Its painful as hell." He mumbles.

"If you look down, can you see how big your nose is?" I chuckle.

"Yes. Which is why I'm not looking down." He laughs. I go to camera on my phone to take some pictures of Calum. I'm sure Anna would love some images of her injured boyfriend.

"Say cheese for Mari." I smile.

"Cheese!" He pulls a big smile and closes his eyes. I take the picture.

"Give me silly." I say pretending to be a photographer. He sticks his tongue out with wide eyes and puts up his pointer and pinky fingers on both hands. I send both pictures to her and she replies back almost instantly.

M: Please stop sending pictures.

"She's mad at you." I tell him.

"She must have seen me. Ah man." He puts his hands over his face. I snapped a quick picture of that and send it to her.

B: Your boyfriend's crying because you're mad at him. *picture attached*
M: He's not my boyfriend and i don't care

"Oh damn." I stare at her text.

"She hates me, doesn't she?"

"Sure does." I nod. "She said you're not her boyfriend and she doesn't care." I tell him.

"We've been dating for four hours and we're already broken up." He mumbles checking his own phone. Seconds later, a doctor walks in.

"Okay, sit back." He tells Calum. I turn around in my chair as the doctor takes his nose firmly in his gloved hands. I press my fingers to my ears to try to mute his violent screams and swears. After a while I just get up and walk out. I put my phone on record audio and press it to his door. When I show this to Anna hopefully she'll change her mind about how she feels.

-30 Minutes Later-

The doctor finally walks out of the room about 5 minutes after the screams stopped.

"Calum?" I cautionly ask opening the door. I walk in and close the door behind me.

"Am I dead?" He asked as I walk over to him. He looks exhausted.

"No." I laugh shaking my head.

"Why not?" He pouts.

"Why do you want to be?"

"Because the doctor told me that it was broken so bad that I have to be a mouth breather while it heals." He groans.

"Do you sleep with your mouth open?" I ask sitting back down in the chair.

"No. I have to have someone to keep my mouth open or else I'll suffocate because there's blood blocking my nose air ways and die." He mumbles.

"Its only like two days, right?" He nods. "It shouldn't be a problem then."

"This may be a weird question but...can I move in with you?" He looks at me, his head tiredly laying on the pillow behind him. I don't want him to be stuck with Luke, but i don't want my sister and I to have to live with him either. "It's alright if you say no. I just wanted to stay close to Marianna." He whispers the last part.

"Sorry Cal, my house is booked. Unless you want to live with constantly hormonal 19 year old girl then I suggest you ask someone else." I give him a sad smile. He nods. Megan would probably fall for him and and ruin everything anyway.

"Looks like I'm moving back in with my parents." He breaks eye contact with me and stares up at the ceiling.

"Get some sleep, Calum." I pat his shoulder. "I'll see you in the morning." I lean back in the plastic chair and slowly drift off to sleep as time goes on.

*****
-hello there
-did you enjoy the chapter?
-I hope you did.
-anyway
-i'm gonna go before I end up saying anything stupid because my back hurts and I'm cranky.
-off to watch 5SOS videos
-see ya.
*****
-Nicole