Chapter 42

-Luke POV-

A new student? And she's Marianna's friend? Oh, this is gonna be fun.

I turn to a blank page in my notebook and rip it out before balling it up and throwing it at her. When I see that it hits her, I turn back to my notes like everyone else. When she looks back, she doesn't see who threw it.

She starts breathing hard and Marianna whispers something her ear that calms her down. This is gonna take a while.

-Ally POV-

I feel a paper hit my back. They hate me already. They're gonna bully me. I'm so stupid. Why do I always have to try and make friends. Cause I always wanted to be popular but those hot guys in the back would never want to date me and those perfect princesses would never want to be my friend. My mom wouldn't be proud of me. If she was still alive, she would be so disappointed.

My breathing speeds up.

She wouldn't be happy that I'm just letting people judging me. But I'm not as outgoing as Jessi, that I could yell at them without a care. And I'm not as likeable as Thomas to where I could just get them to like me and the world would be a beautiful place. I have to be this dumb unlikeable awkward person. How great is my life.

"Hey." Marianna whispers. I look over at me. "Relax, you're fine as long as you're with me and your friends." She assures me. I bring my thoughts to a halt and take a deep sigh. I'm okay.

-Marianna POV-

"When Shakespeare said 'Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind', what do you all think he meant from that?" Mrs. Kate asks the class. She calls on a hand. "Yes Luke?" A shiver runs down my spine when I hear his name. I turn around to face him since it's class policy.

"I think he meant that when you fall in love, you're not using your sight, but your heart." He answers, making eye contact with me. I sensitive smile on his face.

"That's a beautiful response. I'm glad you feel that way, because this unit is..." She waits a while. "Shakespeare. Which means everyday, there will be a Shakespeare quote on the board. And that was today's quote." She smiles as she writes it on the white board. "Now get your textbooks out and turn to page 545 to start this unit off." She tell us.

-4 hours later-

The Bell rings for free period to start and I scramble out my science class and head the art room. I hear lots of the familiar giggling from Jessi and the sound of paint. I walk in.

"We told you we would find it." Ally smiles as she walks over to them with a big piece of paper.

"I never doubted." I say. "So what are you guys doing?" I ask walking over to them.

"Just painting some stuff." Thomas answers.

"So what did you want to meet me in here for?" I ask Ally.

"Because we wanted to hang out with you. You can decide where we go." She smiles.

"Alright. How about...laser tag." I say.

"That sounds really fun." Jessi states.

"I am up for it." Thomas adds.

"Me too. So how about this Saturday." That's three days away but it sounds like a good time. I'll make sure to visit Michael before I leave and when I get back.

"Alright, so it's settled." I smile.

"Want to come to the new café with us after school?" Jessi asks putting paint on her fingers to make finger paintings.