Chapter 4

"Anna." My mom said as I walked in the door. Some times I wish I looked better in make up because it would be much easier to hide my bruises.

"Yes mom?" I looked at her scared that she was about to asked me about what I was hiding from her all the time.

"I wanted to talk to you about your...aloneness." She said trying to find the word.

"I like to be alone mom. It's how I was destined to be and its how I will stay." I told her. She nodded.

"You're 16 now Anna. You've been hiding from us since secondary school." She said placing a hand on the side of my face gentle enough to not make me wince.

"I know. Mom, can I just go up to my room and sit...alone?" I looked down then back up at her with a light smile.

"Okay." She chuckled rubbing my back before I quickly ran up stairs.

I closed the door behind me. I laid face down on my bed taking a deep sigh when my phone rang.

"I wanna stay up all night and jump around until-" I took my phone out my pocket and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked actually confused. No one but Bri calls me and I had a special ring tone for her so I had no idea who was calling.

"Hi Marianna, its Calum." He chuckled through the phone.

"Oh, hey Calum. How are you?" I smiled sitting up in my bed.

"I'm grea-." He was cut off by a deep voice on his end.

"Shut the...FUCK UP." The voice was calm and then after a short pause, it became loud which made me laugh a little.

"I'm sorry, I share an apartment with that fuck stick." Calum laughed. "I hate Luke so much."

"That's Luke?" My laughs stopped and I cleared my throat.

"Yeah."

"Who are you talking to Calum." Luke yelled from a far distance, getting closer as he talked.

"A friend of mine." He responded. I could hear the phone get taken out of Calum's hand before Luke yelled through the phone.

"FUCK OFF." He yelled ending the call. I sighed before putting my phone down on my bed.

-Calum POV-

"Give me my phone." I groaned.

"Who were you talking to." He looked at my phone scrolling through it. "Marianna? Why were you talking to her." He scoffed.

"Give it here." I snatched it out of his hand and started to walk towards the door. "I'm going out for a little." I said not turning around. I blushed a little thinking about her.

I left the house and started to walk to Ashton's flat. In which he shares with Michael.

I knocked on the door three times and then waited, the door opened by Michael.

"Hi Calum, come in." He smiled.

"Hey Mikey." I said walking into the flat. "Where's Ashton?"

"He's out." He responded simply taking a seat on the couch and turning on the TV.

"Michael, I have a secret." I whispered catching his attention.

"Spill." He said.

"Promise me you won't tell."

"I won't make any promises."

"Well, that's good enough." I chuckled. "I uh...like the girl that Luke bullies." I said not making eye contact until the last word.

"He's gonna kill both of you, you because you're his best friend and is now friends with her and her because...well he would do that anyway." He chuckled.

"You're not making this situation any better for me Mikey." I said.

"Let me meet her and maybe I can help you out." He said and I nodded pulling out my phone.

"Want her to come here or meet up somewhere?" I asked pressing her contact.

"She can come here." He shrugged still smiling brightly.

I put the call on speaker phone as the dial tone rung.

"Hello?" She asked. Her voice gentle yet assertive.

"Hey Marianna, its Calum again. I was wondering if you wanted to come over my mate's house so we can talk a little." I smiled.

"Uh...yeah sure I guess. Tell me the address and I'll be there in a bit." She told us. I told her the address and we ended the call.

"She sounds so sweet." Michael smiled.

"She is." I nodded. "She kinda talks like you too."

"Does she say penis?" He chuckled.

"No, at least not around me but I'm sure you too will still get along." I smiled. I'm oddly not jealous. Michael doesn't want the more romantic relationship that I want, he wants more of the family love relationship.

We sat there for about, another 5 minutes until we heard knocks on the door. I got up and got the door, seeing Marianna standing there.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hi." She said quietly. I told her to come in and followed her to the couch.

"This is my friend, Michael." I introduced him. He waved at her excitedly.

"Hi." She smiled shyly. He patted the seat next to him which was in between the two of us.

We could both see her brusies much clearer up close.

"Was this Luke?" Michael asked as his fingers grazed her cheek. She nodded looking down. Michael rubbed his own face removing a substance that blended into his skin.

"Michael." I gasped quietly.

"It's still here after 3 months." He said softly.

She placed her hand on his and looked up remorselessly at him. He looked back down at her with a small smile before enveloping her in a hug.

"Why have you never told me Luke bullied you?" I asked Michael.

"Because it wasn't that big of a deal. Now that I know this innocent girl has been bullied more than me, I thought I'd show her my bruises...just so she doesn't feel alone." He smiled warmly.

"Thank you Michael." She smiled.

"Can we have fun now?" I asked cautiously.

"Sure thing Cal." Michael smiled.

"What do you want to do?" Marianna asked.

"How about the mall." I offered.

"Okay." She smiled.

*****
-what's up guys!
-I just want to say some thing really quick. It's really important.
-.
-.
-.
-Hi
-okay. Ignore that. I just had the sudden urge to say hi to someone.
-anyways, how are guys?
-do you like the story plot so far?
-if so, what's your favorite part?
-so I'm gonna go.
-love you guys
*****
-Nicole