Chapter 14

He can't be here. Not now. Not ever.

"What are you doing here?" My breath hitched asking the question. He just looked at me. His eyes not filled with rage, but with something else. Sadness.

"I-Is Calum here?" He asks followed by a sniffle. I nod. It's unusual to see him sad. I tell him to stay at the door and go to get Calum. I tap his shoulder.

"It's Luke. He wants to see you." He gets up from the couch and walks to the door, going outside with Luke, and closing the door behind him.

***

"Listen guys, I've got to go. Luke's brother just died and he needs me there for emotional support." Calum said.

"We understand." I say. Michael tenses up. Calum nods and leaves. I sigh afterwards. "It's okay Mikey. He's not gonna hurt you." I whisper placing a hand on his.

"He won't hurt you either. I won't let him." He responds. I smile.

-Bri POV-

I park my black 2011 GMC Terrian in Anna's driveway. It's my mom's actually but she's letting me use it until my 17th birthday when i'll get a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu in a rose red. These 2015 cars aren't exactly my thing.

I walk up to her porch, humming to myself quietly as I walk closer and closer to her front door. When I arrive, I knock in rhythm. She answers seconds later.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask after seeing her stern facial expression, which was weird because she always had a smile on her face.

"Nothing lets go." She shook her head. "Come on, Michael." She shouts. A boy with light blue hair follow her out the house.

"Who?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Right, you two haven't met. Bri, this is my brother Michael. Michael, this is my best friend Bri." Anna smiles. I shake hands with him and look at him weirdly.

"Okay. We're going to my house first. You and I need to talk." I tell her. She nods and we all pile into my car with her and I in front.

I start the car and begin to drive to my place. My sister's visiting today. Let's just hope she's not there yet.

We pull up to my driveway and get out the car. They follow me to my front door where I unlock it for us all to enter but I just end up locking it.

"That's weird." I say to myself as I finally unlock it. We all walk in and are caught off guard by my sister sitting in one of my living room chairs.

"Oh hi Briella." My sister smirks lowering the magazine that was hiding her face.

"What are you doing here so early, Megan? You said later when you called. Which was an hour ago." I say putting my purse down on the couch. Anna waved to her before taking a seat in the other couches with Michael as they began talking.

"Last time i checked, it has been later. Plus I was just so eager to visit my favorite baby sister." She smiles putting the magazine back onto the small stack I had on the coffee table.

"Firstly, I'm your only baby sister and I'm sure Robby would love one of your visits." I say referring to our older brother. "And secondly, what do you want?"

"Can't I just regularly visit my little sister without wanting anything?" He smiles and furrows her eyebrows.

"You were always the worst liar in the family. What do you want?" I laugh.

"I need another place to stay." I could tell she was hoping on me telling her I could stay here by how hard she was biting the corner of her lip.

"And you want to stay here?" I raise an eyebrow. She nods. I chew on the inside of my cheek as I think.

I guess so. She's family so if she was out there on the streets, I would have to let her in. Did she ask Robby? He just moved into a new place. I guess he denied.

"Sure Megan. But I have a couple rules around here." I say. She grows a big smile. "1. Don't go in my room. 2. You must get a job. 3. Don't leave things on the floor. Mess disturbs me." I listed them off on my fingers. "And you must help pay rent. Fail to comply with my wishes and you're out. Got it?"

"Got it. I'll go get my things." She chuckles as she heads out the door.

-Marianna POV-

I get distracted from talking to Michael by the sudden vibration in my pocket. I have a text from Calum.

C: hey anna, you home?
M: hold on I'll be there in a bit.

I put my phone back in my pocket and tap on Michael's shoulder.

"What's up?" He asks looking up from his phone and at me.

"I'm gonna head home. You wanna come?"

"Based on the fact that I don't know my way out of this place, I'd say yes." He smiles and nods. He follows me out the door after we say bye to Bri.

"So Michael." I start, catching his attention. "What did you say to Calum a while back that got him so scared?" I ask.

"I didn't say much. I just said that I would hurt him with a fork if he hurts you." He smiles.

"You're being overprotective really early in the game."

"Well when you find out you have a little sister 16 years late and that your best friend wants to date her, things change."

"Calum wants to date me?" I ask a little more enthusiastic than I hoped for.

"Well yeah. Its all he's been talking about." He laughs but the covers his mouth tightly. "I wasn't supposed to say that." He mumbles.

"To late, Clifford." I smirk.

"If you forgot, you're a Clifford too." He says after lowering his hands and stick in them back in his jacket pockets.

"No I'm not. My last name is still Williams." I shake my head and laugh. We slowly approach my house. "You should go home Michael, I think Calum's coming over." I tell him.

"That's just another reason for me to stay." He chuckles.

"Michael, let's not go through this again." I say calmly.

"Fine." He huffs and walks off. I enter the house and drop my jacket from my arms. As I'm checking my phone to see if Calum texted back, I hear a knock at the door.

I throw my phone onto my living room couch and go to answer the door. When I open the door I'm taken back by who's there.

This could be bad.

*****
-HAII
-Here I am!
-I didn't die!
-this book is back!
-I got so brand new ideas and they're about to happen.
-but who's at the door?
-and why is it like doorbells haven't been invented yet?
-anyway, I should be leaving.
-see you guys in the next chapter.
-BAII
*****
-Nicole