Chapter 30

"Wake up Calum!" My mum shouts in my room flashing my light on.

"Mum, stop." I groan throwing the duvet over my head.

"You gotta make this flight and you're not even done packing. Which is why I woke you up five hours early." She tells me.

"What?" I shriek. I look over at my window that is covered by translucent curtains. It's dark outside. "The sun isn't even up!" I complain.

"You should have finished packing last night. I wouldn't have to wake you up at four in the morning." She smirks walking out my room. I groan again before slowly getting up.

I pick up my phone and text Anna.

C: good morning

I put my phone back down and walk to my bathroom, not expecting for her to text back so fast. I go back into my room and take my phone with me to the bathroom.

M: good is an overstatement
C: you're up early
M: I never went to sleep
C: oh, why not
M: I couldn't.
C: is it my fault?
M: it's not your fault but you're kinda the reason
C: I'm sorry, Anna. You shouldn't lose sleep because of me
M: it's alright. My mind is just going a little crazy right now lol
C: can't say mine isn't
C: it turns out that I'll be over there a little early, my mum decided to wake me before the sun comes up because I didn't finish packing.
M: I'll be here

I smile and put my phone down. I take a quick morning shower before getting dressed in black jeans and a dark green sweater with Calvin Klein boxers underneath.

I fold the clothes already in my suitcase and add more, filling it within an hour and a half. I add a few things into a carry on, including my laptop.

"Alright mum, I'll see you in a year." I give her a hug.

"Have a safe flight Calum. And call me as soon as you land." She tells me.

"Will do. Tell dad I love him." I smile. Dad's been on a business trip for a few weeks and it's sad that I'm not gonna be here when he comes home.

"Okay."

"I love you mum." I step out the door, my plane ticket held tight in my hand. The warm air heats my sweater but I know that it's a little cold in New York so I choose to dress for the weather. I kinda regret it though. It's still hot here.

I roll up my sleeves and start to walk to Marianna's place, my suitcase loudly rolling behind me.

When I reach her house I see that there's a car parked in the driveway. I knock on the door a few times and wait for an answer. A slender form appears in the door way with a smile on her face. She wraps her arms around my neck and bring me into a tight hug.

She leads me into the house. To my surprise, that car in the driveway was Michael's.

"Hi Michael..." I say quite awkwardly. He looks at me.

"Hey man, what's up?" He smiles.

"You're not mad?"

"Nope. I agreed that if she forgave you, I did too." He tells me. He still has a hint of disapproval in his eyes that he tries to push aside for the happiness of his sister.

"Oh okay. So what are you doing here?" I put my luggage by the door.

"I don't know, he just showed up." Anna chuckles.

"Alright. So Michael, would you mind stepping into the other room?" I ask.

"Depends, what are you trying to do?"