"What do you mean?" I was scared for the answer.

"We don't want to do screamo anymore. We want to be just a rock band." Evan, still looking down at the floor, said this. I knew what was coming next. Jake.

"So wait. No screamo means n-" Dria cut me off.

"No Jake." Dria's words made me freeze. They were going to cut Jake from the band? After almost 2 years together, they were going to do this now? After everything he has done for them. They are his friends for god sakes!

"You can't just kick Jake out?" I protested in his honor. Not just because he was my boy friend and I loved him but because he was an amazing screamo artist and didn't deserve this.

"Well this is my house and these instruments are my equipment. Plus we were hoping that you would tell Jake for us. I mean he can't get mad at you." Evan now was facing me when he said this. They think I would tell my boy friend he was fired from this band?! This was one of his favorite things to do! Music was passion and his soul! I couldn't do it.

"No! I won't tell him he's cut from the band! You know how much that will hurt him! He loves this!" I was angry now. I couldn't imagine a time when I was this upset with anyone.

"But he loves you and won't it be better coming from someone who he loves and can support him after?" Cody finally spoke. He was right. Jake would be angry and I could calm him down. I knew I couldn't make him completely happy but enough to the point were he would be sane.

"I... I... don't know." I stuttered because of the thought of saying yes to breaking Jake's heart was painful. "He doesn't deserve it." I tried defending him, even though I knew it probably wouldn't work.

"Stage," Cody began. "I know you love him and we love that guy to. He's our best friend but we just don't want to go with screamo anymore. It's for the good of the band." Cody tried propping a smile on his face to make everything seem better than it did. It didn't really help. I finally gave in.

_____

"Hey beautiful." Jake said smiling at me when he came over to the park bench with me. He kissed my lips and I kissed back. He was in a good mood so that would make this a bit better. Not by much though.

 "Hey Jake." I said smiling in return. I was faking the biggest smile ever so he knew something wasn't wrong.

"So what did you need to talk about? Your text said it was urgent." He placed his arm around my shoulder and he stared at me, smiling. Why did he have to be so nice when I was about to crush him. Ugh.

"Well it's about the band." I started off but didn't finish.

"What about the band?" He questioned back to my unfinished sentence. Crap. This was like breaking up with him, which I could never do.

"Um well they want to go different direction." Again, I didn't finish my sentence. He probably thought I was doing this on purpose but really, I was just too scared to hurt him.

"And?" He questioned again. Just tell him. You have to. Just get it over with.

"They don't want to do screamo anymore" I took a deep breath. Finish your sentence Stage. "so they are cutting you from the band..." My voice got quiet and died. His face went from happy to serious. He didn't even say anything and I knew he was upset.

"You guys are kicking me out?" He asked with his voice full of anger. He looked at me, waiting for me to say this isn't true. I felt like I stabbed him in the heart.

"I never said I wanted to. They wanted to and that I should tell you because you would take the news better from me." I basically just sold them out but I didn't care. The last thing I wanted was Jake thinking I was apart of the team that crushed his dreams.

"They can't do this! I have been there for all of them this whole time! Two fucking years!" He shouted and many people walked by and stared.

"I know Jake. I hate the idea to. I mean It was me and you and now I won't have you there with me." As soon as the words escaped my mouth, he looked at me. His expression looked confused and upset. Two things I hated to see in him.

"You're still going to do the band?" He questioned me.

"Well yeah Jake. I mean they didn't kick me out." and then I realized what I just said. He looked pissed off at me. Did he think I was going to give up my dreams because his didn't work out.

"Well since they kicked me out for a dumb reason, I don't think you should still be in it. I mean they aren't friends of mine anymore." He seemed as if he expected me to hate them now and quit the band. I have known them forever and they are my best friends. No way!

"They are still my friends Jake. They just don't want to do screamo anymore. I know the band meant  a lot to you but I don't want to give up on it." I felt a little anger towards Jake. I mean was he really going to be mad at me for this?

"Well I don't want you to!" He yelled. I stared at his angry face. Who the hell did he think he was?

"Too bad! I'm doing it!" I yelled back. People stared as they walked past. We were making a scene and I hated to start something but he wasn't going to tell me what to do.

"Well then if you love this band more than your own boy friend, then the band can be there for you instead of me. I'm done." With that he started walking away and I felt tears form in my eyes. He was breaking up with me?

"Maybe it was better off we ended it now! I just realized how much a selfish jerk you are! Good thing I found out now!" I screamed at him and he turned around and began to speak.

"I'm being selfish!? What about you, who doesn't care her boy friend just got removed from something he really loved and you have the power to get back at them for him, and you won't!? You love the band more than me so let's see what happens when I'm not there to comfort you when the band fails with out me! Have a nice life Mrs. Rockstar!" He yelled and walked away. Tears were coming out uncontrollably now. Was the band worth all of this pain? What if music wasn't the only thing in my life? All I know is that I loved both the band and Jake but I think Jake was what I loved the most.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Note: New story ^_^ I am really happy and hoping this is a good one! Tell me what you think? Vote or comment? :)