68. #71 Dylan Larkin (Detroit Red Wings) Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Dy and you were always inseparable while growing up...why you never mention him anymore?"

Is she being serious right now? She was the one who wanted to live nomad life, not your dad, and now she is asking why you never see Dylan anymore. You look at her: "Why do you think?"

"Hey, that's not how you speak to your mother. Did you two get into an argument?"

"Mom, we moved when I was six. And I haven't seen him since I was ten."
"If you were friends, that shouldn't have been a problem," she shrugs her shoulders and goes to the door: "Get ready, we'll be leaving soon."

You glare daggers at the closed door before crawling off the bed. Sometimes your mother annoys you and that was certainly one of the moments she got on your nerves. She dared to say Dylan and you were never true friends because you didn't keep contacts after you moved away. When you were still just a kid. 

You open your closet and pull out red velvet dress that reaches your mid-thigh and has elbow-length sleeves. You tie your hair in a sided ponytail and apply light make up.

"Y/N!"

"I am ready!" you grab a small clutch bag with a fake rose sewed to it before heading out of your room. Before leaving, you slip into black All Stars, the only thing you always wear.

"Y/N, you can't go to a formal gathering in those shoes."
"Mom, no one is going to notice shoes. Come on, we will be late."

You hurry past her and sit on the backseats: "Hello, daddy. How are you?"
Your dad smiles from the driver seat: "Very good, pumpkin. How are you? Ready for the dinner?"
"I'm...fine. Yeah, I think I am..."
"You don't sound ready. Don't worry, one of the invitees said he'd bring special guests along... Hello, darling. Nice dress. Both of my girls look beautiful."

Your mom smiles at him and kisses his cheek: "Thank you, darling. So do you. Except Y/N didn't want to put on those beautiful red stilettos we bought. Instead she put on that awful All Star shoes."
"Mom," you groan and roll your eyes, expecting to be asked to change your shoes, but your dad doesn't send you back: "Y/M/N, if she wants to wear All Star, let her."

The dinner is not as boring as you imagined it to be, but it's no fun either. And those special guests haven't showed up yet... your phone in your clutch purse is starting to become more and more tempting, but you know it's not polite playing with your phone during the dinner. But as the time passes, your phone seems like it was magnetized. Hey, those dinners are boring as hell.

"May I be excused, please?" you ask your father, who nods, allowing you to get up. You get up and head to the toilets, which are on the other side of long hallway. You lean your hand on a door to open it, when you hear voices from behind the door, leading to the main hall.

"Does anyone know where this dinner is?"

"No idea. I was just told to come to this address..."

You open the door to the hallway and peek your head out: "Excuse me, I've heard your conversation. Are you special guests of tonight's dinner?"

"Yeah. We just have no idea where to go."

You look at the man talking to you more carefully: "Hey, do you happen to be...Pavel Datsyuk?"

"Yes, that's me. And you are?"
"Y/N Y/L/N..."

"Wait a second..." someone says from the middle of the group and comes forward: "Y/N? Is that you?"

You look at the guy about your age and stare at him for few seconds before answering: "Do I know you?"

"I thought you'd recognize your childhood friend?"