Christmas Eve Special?

Calum's P.O.V

I am gonna explode with excitement! Dad is finally coming home! Today we are having Christmas Eve dinner with dad and then tomorrow on Christmas, we're all gonna go over to Luke's house and celebrate Christmas there.

I went into the shower and took possibly the longest shower. "Calum hurry up! The water is not just for you, you know!" Mali said banging on the door.

I finished and ran into my room and changed. I put on something to impress my dad so he'll be proud of me and fixed my hair properly. I looked at myself  in the mirror, hoping my dad will be impressed.

When I went downstairs I found Jc, Mali and mum in the kitchen. "Hey Cal." Jc said smiling. He is a really cool guy and we get along well and him and Mali may have something, who knows?

"Hey." I said as I smiled at him and Mali on his lap. I went over to mum and gave her a kiss in the cheek.

"Happy Christmas Eve mum!" I smiled and she smiled. "You too baby." She said smiling. I cringed but smiled.

"When's dad coming?" I asked excited and her smile faded into a frown.

"What's wrong mum?" I asked. "Calum dear, your father said he couldn't make it this year, but told me to tell you that he said he loves you and you are his world and he for sure will join us next year." She said giving me a little smile.

"Yeah of course." I mumbled but loud enough for her to hear. She looked confused.

"He always says he's coming home, I'm his everything and he loves me. Seems to me his job is his everything and he loves his job more than us. He prefers working instead of actually coming home to see us. He has missed 4 of me and Mali's birthdays, he doesn't even write and he expects me to forget about every year and wait for the next to roll around for him just to he's sorry and he's not coming home." I shouted and Mali and Jc came in.

Mum had tears in her eyes. "Calum, you know dad tries to be with us and you know he loves us-" I cut her off.

"Of course he loves us, loves us enough to miss half of my life, loves us enough to come home every year, yeah he  definitely loves us." I said through tears.

I went into my room and plopped onto my bed and cried into my pillow.

(Zayn's new song 'Pillow Talk' just came into my head......)

My pillow had tear stains all over it. I pulled the ends of my hair in frustration, not caring anymore of how I looked. I heard a knock on my door. "Leave me alone!" I said crying.

"Cal it's me Jc, please let me in." He said and I got up, wiped my tears away and opened the door. We both sat on my bed.

"Look, I know what you're going through, my dad did the same, he missed 8 years of my life, it hurt me more than anything, but I learned that you have to be strong and life continues." Jc smiled giving me a comforting smile.

"Thanks." I finally said. "Hey, no need to. You're like one of my little brothers now." He said smiling pulling me into hug.

"And you're like an older brother to me." I smiled and we went back downstairs. "Sorry about what I said earlier mum, I just lost my temper." I apologized to my mum.

She smiled. "No, I get it Cal, you miss your father, we all do, no need to apologize." She said hugging me.

(Bea Miller: THIS IS NOT AN APOLOGY! IM JUST A LITTLE- okay.....)

We all ate telling old embarrassing stories, laughing, telling jokes, and having a good time. Even though dad wasn't here, I still had an amazing time.

 Even though dad wasn't here, I still had an amazing time

So yeah......

Hope you enjoyed! I know I'm super late! I just don't know where this story is going.....

Sorry for not updating, not in the mood, busy or either to lazy....... Yes I'm lazy AF!

Vote, comment and follow if you want but a vote and a comment would make my day! You guys always do!

Double update in some seconds! This time it really will happen!

-Julie 💙