“You shouldn’t joke like that.” I huff as he laughs if off.

I turn my attention to the road and gasp as I see a semi-truck making a turn-right in front of us! Why isn’t Mitch slowing down or stopping?! I look over at him and see that his gaze is fixed on me.

“Mitch! Mitch, watch out!” I scream at him and point to the truck a few feet from us.

He turns to the road and panics as he slams on the brakes. He’s too late. I hear the tires screech and at the last minute Mitch turns the car so the driver’s side collides with back of the semi.

My body jerks forward and the air bags deploy hitting me, knocking me out momentarily.

“Miss? Ma’am are you okay?”

The voice sounds faint. I smell smoke and burnt rubber. I shake my head and open my eyes as the voice asks if I’m all right over and over. I look to my right and see a tall man with short blonde hair approaching me.

“Ma’am please be all right.”

“Mitch?” I muster and look to my left.

He is slumped over the steering wheel with a deflated air bag underneath him. Is he okay? My passenger door opens and I feel hands unbuckling my seat belt. I soon hear sirens and the man is pulling from the car.

“Mitch…” I whisper again as the man lies me on the ground and heads back to the car.

“Sir? Are you okay?” he asks in the same faint voice.

“MITCH!”

AMBER’S POV

As soon as the pilot announced that electronic devices could be used I pulled out my phone and called Emery. He answered after the third ring.

“Hey baby. I miss you already.” he stated while letting out a long breath.

It sounded like he was flopping down on his bed.

“Aww that’s sweet but pretty soon you’ll have me in your arms.” I tell him with a smile.

“That won’t be soon enough.” he moans.

“Is an hour too soon?”

“An hour? What are you talking about?”

“As we speak I am on a plane that will be at the airport in an hour.”

“No shit?! Are you just visiting or is this for good?”

“Why would I visit when I have to attend classes there in the fall? This is for good.”

I laugh as he lets out a cheer.