Chapter 31

AMBER’S POV

I woke up the next morning ready to put my plan into action. I had to find out the truth and if I found out Noelle had the same STD as me, Emery and I would never reconcile.

I had asked my mom to drop me off at school once so I got out of bed, ate breakfast quickly and took an even quicker shower. I dressed in jeans, sneakers and a hoodie. Yes, I was going to kick this girl’s butt if it came down to it.

Around seven thirty my mom and I left and she dropped me off at school half an hour before the first bell was to ring. Kids were filing into school and I pushed through the crowd, making my way to the senior hall.

I spotted Noelle talking to Toby and I marched right up to them. Toby acknowledged me first.

“Hey Amber. Sorry to hear about you and Emery. You two did make a cute couple.”

I simply nodded and looked at Noelle. She had a smug look on her face that I was itching to just wipe off.

“Is there something I can do for you?” she smiles at me.

“Yeah, we need to talk in private.”

She scoffs. “And what do we have to talk about?”

“Just come with me okay.” I state and point to the girls’ bathroom.

I head that way and look over my shoulder to see if she is following me. She sighs as she tells Toby she will see him later. She follows me into the bathroom and I lean against the door to prevent someone from walking in and interrupting us.

“Well?” Noelle sighed as she faced me and folded her arms across her chest.

“Look, I know you still have the hots for Emery and I know you’re happier than a pig in shit that we’re no longer together…”

She lets out a small laugh. “I know that’s not what you wanted to talk to me about so why don’t you get to the point. You kinda bore me.”

I roll my eyes. This bitch.

“Look, Emery told me that he slept with you two days before he moved down here…”

“Really? And you believed him?”

My heart begins pounding. “What do you mean? Of course I believe him.”

“Well, you’re dumber than I thought. Emery probably told you that so you wouldn’t suspect anything. He loves me but he just wants to bang you and he knew you wouldn’t give up the goods if you knew how he really felt. We slept together that morning he brought me to school and he told me I blew his mind. In fact now that you two are doneso we’ll be hooking up after he gets out of practice.”