Chapter 21

AMBER’S POV

Emery and I left his room and explored the ship. From the itinerary given when we boarded, we would be on the water for six hours and we would leave the Bahamas by two o’clock Sunday afternoon making it back home at eight o’clock.

We made sure we took pictures of each beautifully decorated floor. There was a space for anyone’s pleasure: a casino, bar and grill, dance club, you name it, it was on the ship. Emery wanted to go to the dance club but you had to be eighteen to get in.

We settled on lounging by the pool on the top deck. Emery escorted me back to the room Axel purchased and luckily my mom and Axel weren’t there. I grabbed my luggage and pulled out my bathing suit. Emery saw my pumps and grabbed them.

“Oh yeah, here they are.” he smiled while admiring the shoes.

“Are you in love with me or the shoes?” I tease.

“Both.” he smirks.

I laugh and pull him to me. I kiss him and he throws his arms around me. We pull away when we hear someone clearing their throat. I see Axel standing there but my mom is not with him.

“Where’s my mom?” I ask him.

Axel looks from me to Emery and then back at me. “She went to his room looking for you.”

Before I can say anything Emery jumps in Axel’s face. “Look, she’s told me about the shady shit you’ve been doing and I don’t think it’s cool. If you’ve got a thing for young girls than you should pick one who isn’t your fiancée’s daughter!”

“Emery!” I gasp in shock.

Axel smirks at him. “Listen little boy, you shouldn’t accuse someone of something and you have no idea what you’re talking about. I would never hurt Vivian or Amber and for you to think that I would is a damn shame.”

Yeah, he was definitely a smooth talker.

“Just stay away from Amber.” Emery states in a low growl.

Axel chuckles. “Or else what? You want to fight me?”

Emery pushes up against him. “If you fucking lay a hand on her, it’ll be the last thing you do!”

At first the two men just stare at each other and then as if in slow motion Axel reaches back and punches Emery in the face.

I scream out at the action and Emery falls to the floor. I rush to him and hold him back from getting up and going after Axel.

“He’s not worth it.” I whisper to him.

I want to cry as I see his right eye swelling up. I then see Axel bend down next to Emery and I. He is staring at Emery.

“I don’t take kindly to threats and know that I do what I want, when I want. If you want to question me or come at me like you just did, I’ll swell up the other eye and you’ll need a Seeing Eye dog. Do I make myself clear?”

He doesn’t say anything further and leaves the room. I look at Emery’s eye and apologize.

“It’s not your fault baby. Get me some ice.”

I immediately jump up and grab the ice bucket and rush out to get some ice from the machine. When I go back in the room Emery has a cloth in his lap. He places a few cubes in the cloth and then places it on his eye.

My mom comes in the room a few minutes later and sees Emery tending to his black eye. She rushes to him and removes the cloth. She gasps at the sight.