Chapter 45

EMERY’S POV

Practice ended on a good note and I was ready to see my girl so she could cheer me up. Coach kept telling me on the way to the locker room that the school that was coming to see me would definitely be impressed with my performance. I really didn’t care because with my luck it would be a school from California or Texas.

I changed out of my uniform quickly and head out to the parking lot. I didn’t see Amber so I pulled out my phone and called her. She answered after the second ring.

“Hey baby.”

“Hey, where are you?” I ask her.

“OH! I forgot to tell you that my mom wanted me to go home with Shannon.” she informs me and apologizes.

“Why?”

She blows out a breath. “Axel didn’t plead guilty to forcing himself on me so there was a hearing today. She didn’t want me to be alone so I’ve been with Shannon since school let out.”

“Damn. Why didn’t you tell me that this morning?”

“I didn’t want to worry you. Oh, what did your coach tell you? Will you playing at Maryland this fall?”

Her question deflates my mood a bit. “I’m on my way home so we’ll talk about that later.”

“Okay, oh and my mom wants you to have dinner with us so as soon as you get here we have to leave to head to my house to be there by seven.”

I simply nod and agree. I tell Amber that I love her and when she says it back we disconnect. I get into my car and head to Shannon’s house. Amber is waiting for me at the door when I walk in.

She throws her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I grip her so she doesn’t fall and she plastered kisses all over my face, ending at my lips. God, she doesn’t know what she’s doing to me!

“I can have the crappiest of days but the minute you and I are together nothing else matters.” Amber whispers after giving me a sensuous kiss and a damn boner!

“I feel the same way babe.” I smile at her.

She gives me a quick kiss before untangling her legs and dropping them to the floor. She pulls me toward the door.

“Come on, we don’t want to be late.”

She yells good-bye to Shannon and the two of us head outside to my car. I open the door for her and she gets inside. When I am behind the wheel I drive toward Amber’s house. During the ride Amber asks me about which school wanted to recruit me.

I frown as I grip the steering wheel. “Bad news. Syracuse and Cornell want me. Both schools are in New York.”

I look over at her during a red light and her pretty face holds a frown as well.

“That sucks!” she yells and lets out a long and low groan that shouldn’t turn me on, but it does. “How far are those two schools from Georgetown?”

“At least a five hour drive. But don’t worry about that.” I tell her.

“Why not?” she ponders.

“Because I am going to forfeit my scholarship and apply to Georgetown straight up. I have more than enough money to pay the tuition. It would’ve been perfect if Maryland wanted me so I could donate my college fund but nothing is stopping me from being with you.”

Amber smiles so bright and lunges for me. She pastes her lips to mine and we kiss for so long I miss the green light. I ignore the honking horns from cars behind me and continuing kissing my girl. I only pull away from her when someone all but bangs on my window.