Chapter 42

AMBER’S POV

My phone was ringing and it was interrupting my sleep. I groaned as I sat up and looked around the room for my purse. I looked at Emery who didn’t seem to be disturbed by the “We Are Who We Are” ringtone blaring through the room. I knew it was Shannon from the song.

I saw my purse sitting on the dresser by the door. I get out of bed and walked to the dresser. I opened my purse and pulled out my phone and saw the clock on the screen reading a quarter after five. I answered Shannon’s call.

“Hey.” I whisper.

“Why are you whispering?” she asked while giggling a bit.

“I’m with Emery and he’s sleep.” I tell her while stealing a peek at my man who was still sound asleep.

“Oh, well you think you could wake him? My parents just left me and I really need help decorating this yacht.”

“Why did your parents leave?” I ponder.

Shannon huffs. “There was an emergency down at my mom’s restaurant and my dad drove so he took her down there. Can you get down here before six? I will owe you eternally.”

I chuckle. “Don’t even worry about it. You’re my girl so I got you. See you in a bit.”

Shannon belts out a string of ‘thank you’ and I end the call after she says it for the twentieth time. I find my clothes on the floor and quickly dress. I then get back in Emery’s bed and gently shake him.

His right eye pops open and he stares at me. “What babe?” he groans.

“Get up. Shannon needs help decorating the yacht. Her parents left her to deal with some emergency. I need to go by my house to get my suit so let’s go.” I tell him.

He nods and sits sup. I watch him yawn and stretch and my eyes dance over his muscled chest. I lick my lips and when I stare at Emery’s face he has a smirk dancing on his lips.

“We don’t have time for that.”

I chuckle. “Hey, I wasn’t thinking about that perv.”

He laughs. “Yeah you were.”

I grab a pillow and swing it at him. I watch him narrowly dodge the blow and get out of bed. He laughs as he jogs, naked, around the bed to get his clothes. He dresses quickly and we leave his house right away.

Emery drives me to my house so I can get what I need for the party. I give Emery a quick kiss and tell him I would be right back. I get out of the car and rush into the house.

I go into my room and grab a tote and stuff three different bathing suits in the bag. I also place a pair of flip flops and the heels that Emery loves in the bag. Before I leave the room I grab a comb and run it through my hair.