Chapter 1

Author's Note: This is my first submission so I hope you like it :-) I don't know how to put up a photo for the cast so the video is of who I envision as Amber.

****

“Have you seen the new boy yet? Damn, he is FINE!”

I heard two girls behind me snicker as I stared the clock on the wall, counting down the seconds until the bell rung for lunch. This was the third time today I overheard someone talking about a new kid. I discreetly pulled out my phone and decided to text my best friend, Shannon, who was the school’s biggest gossip. I was sure she had the 411.

*know who the new kid is?*

Her reply came a few seconds later. *nope. but from what i hear he is fine as hell!*

I held in my laugh and heard my teacher clear his throat. When I looked up from my phone he was looking right at me. He held a frown and he pushed his glasses up the brigde of his nose before folding his arms atop his protuding belly.

“I hope that text was worth detention after school Ms. Richards.”

I frowned as a sea of ‘oohs’ filled the air from my classmates. Mr. Reinhardt shook his head and assigned homework. The bell rang a few minutes later and everyone jumped out of their seats. I followed the other kids out into the crowded hall. I heard my phone beep with a text and against my better judgment I read it while heading to my locker.

*got some info. he’s a senior and moved here from GA. his parents are loaded and bought the old Epstein place.*

Impressive, I thought. The Epstein place had been on the market for nearly two years because of the insane asking price. I did my best to dodge people as I attempted to text Shannon back but I couldn’t avoid one guy as I ran right into his chest.

The impact caused me to drop my books and my phone. Whoever I ran into bent down to help me gather my belongings.

“Sorry about that.” I mumbled as I took my phone from his hands.

He was white and the contrast between our skin was apparent as I grazed his fingers. I looked into his face and my breath caught in my chest. This HAD to be the new guy as I had never seen him around. He was definitely FINE and had a model’s face. He had a rebel aura around him but that was sexy.

He pushed his shoulder length hair away from his face and I watched his lips form into a smile. It was infectious so I dumbly smiled back at him.

“Texting and walking seems to be dangerous.” he states as we stand.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” I apologized once again.

“No worries. I’m Emery.” he introduced himself while thrusting his hand toward me.

I placed my much smaller hand inside his and my eyes darted down to where our flesh met. I watched him slowly run his thumb over the back of my brown hand.

“Amber.” I told him my name after I darted my eyes back to his face. I noticed his brown eyes light up as his smile grew wider.

“Nice to meet you Amber. See ya around I hope.”

He winked at me as he pulled his hand back and walked around me toward the senior hall. I watch him until his frame disappeared from my eyesight. I shook my head and resumed walking to my original destination.

Once I made it to my locker I noticed Shannon leaning against it talking to her ‘frenemy’ Mallori. I rolled my eyes at the girl who wanted my spot as her best friend since Shannon was always in the in crowd and since I rarely liked to party Mallori wanted to be Shannon’s wingman.