Chapter 5

Author's Note: Video is of Vivian, Amber's mom. Enjoy this new chapter!

****

SHANNON'S POV

I took the note from Amber and noticed the color had been drained from her face. I read the simple note but I know exactly who it was from. And from the look on Amber's face, so did she.

I knew all about her little tryst with Felix over the summer. I also knew he was a pig who only wanted my girl so he could brag that he popped her cherry. That was not going to happen.

"He's only doing this because you jumped right into a relationship with Emery." I speak after a moment of silence. "If you were still single he wouldn't give two shits."

I see Amber nod and she throws me a smile. She then offers the rest of the chocolates to the kids sitting around us. I look toward the door and I actually see Felix peeking around the door looking right at Amber. JERK.

Our teacher cleared her throat so the attention could be brought back to the lesson at hand and I noticed Felix disappear shortly after. The bell rung half an hour later and Amber and I walked to her locker. She stuffed the flowers inside and blew out a breath.

"What are you going to tell Emery? You know word is going to spread about your delivery." I ask her.

"I'm not going to lie to him. It's not like I did anything wrong. I just can't believe Felix!" Amber huffs.

"Well, you can talk to him when he takes you home since he doesn't have to stay after school today."

She makes a face like she just remembered something.

"I forgot! My mom is picking me up after school."

"Well, I'm sure you'll talk to him today. I'm going to head to class. See you at lunch."

I walk away from her and I'm not surprised when Mallori appears at my side since we have the next class together.

"I can't wait for my party tomorrow!" Mallori exclaims as we walk into the classroom. "I'm sure you'll be there. Right?"

I roll my eyes and sit in my usual seat. She sits next to me and places her chin in her hands.

"I heard Amber got some flowers and candy delivered during third period. Every girl in school is going to be fawning over Emery now so tell her to watch out."

If only she knew Felix was the real culprit. I wonder what's going through this guy's head. I mean he's attractive and has tons of girls sniffing after him so why can't he just choose one of them and leave Amber alone?

The thoughts run through my head and I spin my pencil throough my index and middle finger. I don't realize it when the pencil flies out of my hand hits Garrett Webb in his back. He spins around in his seat in front of me and stares into my face.

I feel my heart race as he gives me a small smile. I had known Garrett since elementary and he definitely grew into a hottie. He ran his hands through his bright blonde hair and bent down to pick my pencil up off the floor. He lays the pencil on my desk and offers me another smile.

"If you wanted my attention all you had to do was say something." he tells me.

I dart my eyes over his handsome face and stifle a moan as my gaze lands on his lips. I lean forward and bite my bottom lip.

"Well, how about we hang out this weekend and we'll have each other's undivided attention." I flirt.

He smiles. "I like the sound of that."