Chapter 26

EMERY’S POV

The ship arrived back in Florida at eight o’clock sharp. I had to take Amber and her mother home which I didn’t mind. During the ride home Amber’s mom was on the phone with my uncle. Apparently they were making plans to see each other tomorrow night.

“Looks like my mom and your uncle are getting pretty close.” Amber whispers to me.

I cringe at the thought but I then remember my uncle asking for a chance to prove he’s not a douche bag and if he fucks up then I can go back to hating him.

I drop off Amber and her mom and Amber gets out the front seat so her mom can get out the car. She then gets back inside and tells her mom she’ll be inside in a minute. Her mom nods and heads inside.

Once she is in the house Amber turns to me. She gives me a smile and pulls me to her. She kisses my lips and when she pulls away she runs her fingers through my hair.

“You know, aside from the Axel incident I had a really good time with you this weekend.” she tells me.

“So did I. And if anybody asks about eye let’s tell them I got hit in the face by a coconut throwing monkey.”

Amber laughs. “Are there monkeys In the Bahamas?”

I scratch my head. “They have zoos right?”

We share a laugh and Amber kisses me once again. She tells me she’ll text me before she goes to bed. She gives me one last kiss before getting out of my car. I watch her head to the front door and I don’t leave until she is safely inside.

I arrive at Shannon’s house half an hour later and as soon as I enter my phone rings. I look at the screen and see an unfamiliar number. I answer the call and Noelle is on the other line.

“So how was the cruise?”

“What do you want Noelle?” I sigh.

“Emery, can we just forget about everything and be friends?”

 I scoff. Noelle was used to getting what she wanted and if I agreed to be her friend she would see it as an opening to be more than friends and I wasn’t going to allow that. I then remembered that naked photo she sent me and decided to call her out on it.

“That was some cold shit sending that naked pic to me.”

She laughs. “It’s nothing you haven’t seen before. And I know you want to see it again which is why I sent it.”

“Yeah, well I deleted it okay. I love my girl and I’m not going to let you ruin this for me.”

“Okay Emery, I’ll let you have your fun with your little girlfriend but we both know it’s only a matter of time before you and I are back together.”

She hangs up before I have the chance to. I then remember I promised Amber I would change my phone number so I make a mental note to do that tomorrow after school.

I go up to my room and go right to bed.

AMBER’S POV

I call Shannon as I head to my room. I flop down on my bed as I listen to her ringtone, waiting for her to answer.

“Hey! How was the trip?!” Shannon excitedly exclaims when she answers.

“I had fun.” I tell her.

“What’d you bring me back?”

I laugh. “You’ll see tomorrow.”

I decide not to mention the Axel incident. I tell Shannon I will see her tomorrow when my mother appears at my door. I hang up as she enters my room and sits next to me on my bed.