Chapter 27

AMBER’S POV

The next morning I wake up to my mother knocking on the door. I groan as I peek at the clock and see it is five thirty in the morning.

“Amber get up. Come eat some breakfast before we leave for your appointment.”

I groan once again and roll over. I get out of bed and leave my bedroom. I head into the dining room and join my mother for breakfast. We eat in silence until my mom gets up and tells me we’re leaving in half an hour.

She heads to her room to get dressed. I clear the table and clean the kitchen before heading into my room to dress for the day. I dress casually in a pair of jeans, a basic t-shirt and sneakers. I comb my hair into a ponytail and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

My mom calls me from the living room and I run back to my room to grab what I need for school and walk out to the living room. My mom and I leave the house and get into her car. She drives us to her doctor’s office and signs me in when we enter.

Since there are only three other people waiting in the lobby, I am called pretty quickly after only waiting for about ten minutes. My doctor is a woman which I grateful for because she tells me I have to get naked and put on a gown. She leaves the room while I undress. She comes back in five minutes later and hands me a small cup.

“First we’ll just run a pregnancy test just for precautions. When was the last time you had sex?” she asks me.

“Saturday.” I tell her while blushing a bit.

“No need to be ashamed Amber. We were all young once. Are you using protection with your partner?”

I tell her that I am being safe and she points to a door that leads to a bathroom.

“I’ll be back in five minutes and we’ll do a pelvic exam.”

When she leaves I head into the bathroom. I pee into the little cup the doctor gave me and when I come out the doctor is the room waiting for me. I hand her the cup and she tells me she will be right back.

I sit down on the bed and five minutes later once again the doctor returns and tells me that I’m not pregnant (yay). She then tells me we have to do the pelvic exam.

“What’s that for?” I ask her.

“It’s to check for any vaginal infections or STD’s.” she explains.

She sets up the equipment and instructs me to put my legs on these hooks. I do so and she gets between my legs.

“You’re going to feel some pressure but I need for you to relax okay.” the doctor tells me.

I take a deep breath and then wince when I feel something force itself inside me.

“Relax Amber. Take deep breaths.”