Chapter 36

AMBER’S POV

On Monday morning I woke up earlier than normal. I was anxious to find out the truth and if Noelle was going to get her ass beat again. I didn’t care if I got suspended again.

I told my mom yesterday that Emery and I would get back together contingent on what I hear at the doctor’s office. She told me she would support my decision but reminded me to be more careful with the decision that I make regarding Emery.

My cell rings and I see Emery’s name flashing across the screen. I answer it while sitting up in bed.

“Morning.”

“Hey, are you riding to the doctor’s office with your mom or do I need to come scoop you up?”

“I’ll ride with my mom. I’ll see you there. My appointment is at seven.”

“Will you at least ride to school with me?”

Why was he sounding so down? I felt that I would hear good news today so I would be getting my boyfriend back so why was he sounding so down?

“Yeah, I’ll ride to school with you.” I tell him. “Is everything okay? You sound a bit down.”

He sighs. “Even though it’s early, coach called me last night and told me he sent a tape of Saturday’s game to some scouts and it got to the coach at University of Kentucky. He’s coming to the next game and if he likes what he sees I may get offered an athletic scholarship there.”

“Wow, Kentucky? You know I’m going to Georgetown right?”

“Yeah, I mean we were faced with having a long distance relationship before but we’ll have no choice but to have one once I graduate.”

I blow out a breath. “You’re right but I think we’ll get through it. We’ve been through enough.”

He chuckles. “You’re right. I’m gonna get ready so I’ll see you at the doctor’s office.”

We hang up and I get out of bed. I go into the kitchen and fix a quick breakfast. My mom comes into the kitchen and fixes her breakfast. We eat at the dining table and make small talk. I get up from the table when I’m done and clean my dish.

I then go into the bathroom and take a shower. I go into my room to dress and ten minutes to six-thirty my mom knocks on my door. I turn to the door as she opens it and sticks her head in.

“Am I dropping you off at school?”

“Ummm, no Emery and I will ride together.”

She nods and tells me to meet her at her car in ten minutes before disappearing. I find a pair of shoes and place them on. I grab what I need for school and head outside. I stand by my mom’s car and a few minutes later my mom comes out and unlocks the doors. We get in and my mom heads to the doctor’s office.