Chapter 22

EMERY’S POV

“You want me to do WHAT?!” Amber screams at me as I tell her my plan when she comes to my room after dinner.

“It’s the only way to get rid of Axel.” I explain.

She folds her arms over her chest. “Emery that is the dumbest plan I have ever heard and I’m not doing it.”

I frown. “So he makes inappropriate advances towards you, blacks my eye, has sex with your mother even though he knows you’re in the fucking room and that’s okay?”

“No, it’s not okay but your plan is stupid and there’s no guarantee that it will work. And how do I know you’ll get to the room in time to stop him?”

“Just trust me okay.”

AMBER’S POV

I huffed as I walked back to my room. I can’t believe I let Emery talk me into this. He told me to basically get Axel to think I wanted to have sex with him. All the while I would be on the phone with him and since we both had IPhones, he would be able to see everything as long as I put my phone in a discreet place where Axel wouldn’t be able to see it. Then he would show my mother the scene taking place and hopefully my mother will dump Axel and we would go home just the two of us.

I called Emery and we used the face feature. “This plan had better work.” I state to him when his face appears on my phone.

“It will just trust me.”

“Yeah yeah.” I frown.

I go into the room and notice Axel and my mother aren’t there. The ship will arrive in the Bahamas in an hour and I hope to get this done before then.

I look at Emery. “They’re not in here.”

“Hey I see them.”

“Where are you?” I whisper.

“Why are you whispering? I’m on the top deck and I see them by the pool.”

“Hey Emery!” I hear Axel shout to him.

Emery hides his phone so I can hear the conversation.

“Vivian told me you apologized for your behavior earlier and I accept it.”

I can’t see him but I know he’s got a shit eating grin on his face that I wish I could slap off. Ugh!

“Whatever.” Emery spits. “You know you’re a fucking liar and I can’t wait until Amber’s mom sees that.”

“Boy don’t you know I got her mom whipped? I say jump and she asks ‘how fucking high’. I say skip, she says ‘how fucking long’. If I tell her to kiss my feet, she’ll do it because I’m the man and she knows it.”

Wow! I would never imagine Axel acting this way. He seemed so nice and caring and now he’s like a monster! Yeah, he had to go.

“But why are you after Amber?” he blurts out.

“Because she’s beautiful that’s why and don’t think you can stop me. How’s that eye?”

That was it. Emery’s plan was in full effect! I hear Emery tell Axel that he was going back to his room. Axel asks if I am in his room and he tells him I am in our room. That was the end of the conversation.

Emery’s face reappears on my screen. “He took the bait. He’s leaving your mom’s side right now. Be careful okay.”

I promise him that I will and then I hide my phone but make sure the entire room is visible.

“Is that good?” I ask him.

“Yeah, that’s perfect.”

A few seconds later Axel enters my room and I spin to the door.

“Where’s my mom?” I ask him while looking behind him.

“She’s taking in the ship. Don’t worry about her.” he smiles.

I frown. “Why wouldn’t I worry about her? She’s my mom.”

“I mean that she’s fine.” he states and moves closer to me. “You fine too baby girl.”

He reaches out to touch me but I dodge him and move around his body. I was blocking the phone so I had to get him to move.

Axel spins to me and smiles at me. “You like running from me.” he states and wiggles his finger at me in a chastising manner.

I sit down on the bed and Axel sits next to me. Axel pushes my hair off my shoulder and trails his finger across my skin. I cringe.

“Axel, why are you doing this?” I breathe as he moves closer to me.

“I have wanted you ever since your mother was flashing around your yearbook pictures from your first year in high school.” he admits and I gasp in shock. I was fifteen!

“I remember thinking, damn; girls didn’t look like that when I was in high school! You are the prettiest thing I’ve seen in a while.”

I feel his lips on my shoulder and I jerk away from him. “Axel, please stop.”

I quickly peek at my phone and I see Emery and my mother on the screen. My mother had tears in her eyes and Emery had his arm around her. He whispered to her and then they got up from their seats.

“Amber, just relax okay. I already know you having sex with the white boy so I know you’ll enjoy this.” he smirks at me and pulls my face to his and kisses me roughly.

I scream against his lips as he attempts to push me back on the bed. He jumps off me as the door to our room bursts open. I open my shut eyes to see my mother there and there is fire behind her eyes as they are locked on her scumbag of a fiancée.

“Axel, GET YOUR GODDAMNED HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER!!”

Axel scrambles to get off the bed. He rushes to her but as he reaches her she raises her hand and smacks the shit out of him. His jaw flinches as he stares at her but doesn’t make a move.

“Baby, this isn’t what it looks like!” he has the audacity to say.

“Oh, so you didn’t have you lips on my daughter? You didn’t admit that you’re a low life fucking pedophile. You didn’t just try to RAPE my daughter?!” she screams.

“Can I explain?”

She scoffs. “Axel, if I ever see you around me, my daughter or her boyfriend….” She steps closer to him and looks him in his eye. “I WILL KILL YOU!”

She pushes past him and grabs my arm. She drags me out of the room and pulls me to Emery’s room. Emery is waiting for us. I rush into his chest and he hugs me tightly.

“I’m sorry I had to put in that position.” he says to me.

“Baby, I am so sorry that I was so blind. My god, he was just using me to get to you. I should’ve known something was up when he kept insisting to meet you while we were dating. Oh my God! Oh my God.”

My mother was pacing the room and when she said the second, ‘oh my God’ she broke down in tears. I pulled away from Emery and rushed to her. I hugged her and we sank to the floor. Hearing my mother cry so hard, made me cry. Emery walked over to us and hugged us both.

My mother wiped her tears away and looked to me. “You do not have to worry about him ever again. I will have the cops waiting for us when we get back home and we’re staying here, if that’s okay with you Emery.”

Emery waves it off. “You don’t have to ask. You two can take the bed.”

I hug him again and place a kiss on his lips. “Thank you baby.”

“Well now we can enjoy the rest of this trip in peace.”