Chapter 29

AMBER’S POV

After I slammed the door in Emery’s face I went into my mom’s room. I knocked on the closed door and she appeared at the door a few seconds later. I told her I broke up with Emery over the STD issue.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” she cooed and pulled into a hug as tears began to fall from my eyes. “Are you sure that’s what you want?”

I nod against her shoulder. “He was the one who was insisting on not wearing a condom. I feel like even if he didn’t know he had an STD he still should have been more cautious. I guess he was thinking since I was a virgin it was okay because I didn’t have anything.”

My mom runs her fingers through my hair. “Well baby, you know you have to take some responsibility in this too. You could’ve been more firm and told him that you wouldn’t have sex with him without a condom.”

She was right but I was still pissed. Maybe I would cool off in the morning. I know I still want space from Emery so I ask my mom for a ride to school when I pull away from her. She agrees and I tell her good night.

I go into my room and flop down on my bed. I turn off the light and throw my sheets over my head.

My alarm goes off at six o’clock sharp the next morning. I groan as I reach over and turn it off. I get out of bed and make my way into the kitchen where my mom is finishing breakfast. She fills a plate and hands it to me.

“Morning.” she whispers as I take the plate and head into the living room.

“Morning.” I grog back on my way to my destination.

I sit down at the table and my mom joins me as I start to eat. My mom tells me she will pick up my prescription for the antibiotics to cure my STD and she then tells me she already has my birth control so I could start taking it today if I wanted.

I shake my head no. “Emery and I won’t be having sex so I don’t need them.”

“Okay but what if you guys make up? Just take them; it’s better to be safe than sorry.”

I sigh and agree. When we’re done eating I clean up the kitchen while my mom goes to her room to get dressed. I head into the bathroom and take a quick shower. I go into my room and pull on some sweats and my Bahamas tee; yes I can rock sweats and make it look cute. I comb my hair and use a flat iron to straighten it a bit. After putting on some sneakers I leave my room and go into the living room.

My mom is there waiting for me. She reaches into her purse and pulls out my birth control pills. I take them and place them in purse. I grab my book bag and we leave the house.

During the drive to school my phone rings and I see that Emery is calling. I ignore the call but he calls back a minute later. I ignore that call too and when he calls back a third time I turn my phone completely off.

“Why don’t you talk to him?” my mom asks.