Chapter 4

Author's Note: Video of Felix to the right :-) Enjoy

****

AMBER'S POV

 I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face, It was Friday and I already had my weekend mapped out. I planned on spending all day Saturday with Emery and then on Sunday I knew I would with Shannon helpingh her clean up after her party.

I got out of bed and as I left my bedroom I heard two pairs of footsteps in the direction of the kitchen. Someone else was in the house besides me and my mother. I slowly made my way to the kitchen and when I stood at the entrance my mouth dropped open.

My mother was standing in the middle of the kitchen locking lips with a man. He had her in a tight hug and his hands were all over her butt. Flashbacks of myself and Emery flooded before my eyes from yesterday as we stood in the living room making out, but I shook them away as I called out to my mother.

She jumped and gasped when she pulled away from her boy toy and looked in my direction. I looked at her man who was wiping my mom's lipstick off his mouth.

"Baby, hey I didn't know you were up." My mom was talking like she had been caught robbing a bank or something.

I stared into her face and saw her blushing lightly. She pulled down her white button up blouse and straightened her tan skirt. She gave me a small smile which still showcased her amazingly high cheekbones.

I stared over her shoulder at the man who just had his hands all over her. He was cute with dark chocolate skin, a clean cut fade and neatly trimmed facial hair that ran all around his chin and above his upper lip. My mom noticed I was staring and moved next to him to make introductions.

"Baby, this is Axel. Axel, this is my daughter Amber."

Axel smiled and moved around my mother and stepped right in front of me. "I've heard a lot about you Amber. You're just as beautiful as your mother."

I look to my mother with disbelief and she frowns at me. Axel clears his throat and returns to my mother's side.

"Vivian, I'll be wiating in the car."

She nods while smiling at him. He bends down slightly, since he is taller than her, and places a long kiss on her lips. I watch my mother squirm and fight the urge to wrap her arm around his neck.

He parts from her and moves around me to leave the kitchen. He heads to the front door and when it opens and closes my mother lays into me.

"Amber, you were so rude! You could've at least thanked him for complimenting you! Where have your manners gone?!"

I am still in shock at seeing my mom with another man. She told me she couldn't see herself with anyone but my dad. How long had this been going on? I hear my mom sigh and when I look at her a tear falls from my eye and rolls down my cheek. Her facial features soften and she rushes to me, enveloping me in a hug.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry for yelling." she coos while rubbing my back.

I throw my arms over her shoulders, burying my face in the crook of her neck. Her sweet perfume that I think of borrowing envelopes me.

"I didn't plan on you two meeting this way. We were actually going to take you to dinner to make the introductions."

"Mom, you have a boyfriend?" I finally speak but my voice comes out in a squeak.

She laughs and we release each other. She grabs my face and gives me a large smile. "Yes baby, I do. We've been dating a little over a year now."