Chapter 17

AMBER’S POV

I woke up the next morning at my usual time. My mom was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I went into my bathroom and showered. When I was done and went into my room I noticed my grandparents had left my room for breakfast.

I looked in my closet and decided to wear a knee length brown and white skirt, matching top and brown ankle boots. I dress and head into the dining room. My mom, grandparents and Axel were seated filling their plates.

Axel spent the night with my mom last night and throughout the night I could hear them getting it on (ewww). Worse was about an hour into their session, I could hear Gramps grunting like a damn bear, no doubt giving it to Grammy (double eww). I was going to need some serious therapy!

I think I only got about five hours of sleep because besides hearing two couples going at it like rabbits, Shannon called me three times in the middle of the night. Emery texted me back about an hour after I sent him a message but I was too tired to read it.

I did read it when I woke up and it brightened my mood to read his words, expressing his love for me. During breakfast I heard my phone ring. I rushed to it and was pleased to see Emery calling.

“Hey I’ll be at your place at the usual time.” he tells me when I answer.

“Okie dokie. See you in a bit.”

I hang up and go back to the table to finish my food. I help my mom and Grammy clean up when everyone is done eating. Mom and Axel leave to head to work and I tell my grandparents I will see them when I get off school.

Emery blows his horn outside and I leave the house. I approach Emery and as usual I kiss him before getting into his car. He closes the door and gets behind the wheel.

“Shannon was on my ass the minute I got back to the house.” Emery tells me during the drive.

“What did she say?” I was curious.

“Just that I better not play you and if I dump you after taking your virginity she was going to kick my ass.”

I had to laugh at that. I now felt bad for ignoring Shannon’s calls; she had my back and I see she is just looking out for me. I made a mental note to apologize to her.

We made it to school and I saw Garrett’s car already in the parking lot but he and Shannon were nowhere in sight. Emery and I walked into school and Shannon was not by my locker like usual. I would see her first period and she couldn’t avoid me then.

I gave Emery a kiss before he went to the senior hall and gathered my books for my first class. I walked into class and saw Shannon sitting two seats behind where she normally sat right next to me. I looked in her direction and she rolled her eyes at me.

I sat in my normal seat and ripped a piece of paper from my notebook. I scribbled a quick message on it asking Shannon if we could talk after class. I passed it to her and she scribbled something back before our teacher came in and passed the note back to me.

Now you wanna talk? I don’t want to hear it.

Wow, she was really pissed at me. I scribbled another message apologizing for ignoring her calls. I pass it to her just as our teacher walks in.

Shannon doesn’t write me back as the lesson for the day begins. When the bell rings Shannon rushes out of the room. I head to my locker and see Shannon talking to Garrett at his.

“This is stupid. You guys are best friends.” I hear Garrett state as I pass them.

I make eye contact with Shannon and she quickly looks away. I sigh and approach my locker. Was Shannon really that mad at me? Was she going to end our friendship over something so stupid?