Chapter 7

Author's Note: New chapter! Video of Garrett. Enjoy :-)

****

SHANNON'S POV

"Grounded?! For what?"

I listen to Emery tell me the reason my girl got grounded for the weekend. Damn, so she wouldn't be at my party! I frown and thank Emery for calling me and letting me know since Amber's mom took her cell phone.

I huff as I end the call. I then giggle as Garrett tickles my feet. I look down at him as he lay at the bottom of my bed while I am at the top.

"Looks like you'll have to help me decorate the house and clean up after the party tonight." I tell him.

"We just started dating and you're already putting me to work." Garrett teases me.

"Yep, I'm gonna call my step-sister, she's a party planner so she'll help come over and help us."

"She won't rat on you to your folks that you threw a party while they were away?" he questions.

I shake my head no. "I kept her secret when she had an abortion a few years back that my dad unknowingly paid for so she owes me."

Garrett just chuckles while shaking his head. I check the time on my phone and see it's a quarter after noon. My stomach growls so I jump off the bed and head to the stairs to go to the kitchen. Garrett follows me and we eat the leftovers from the last time my mom cooked.

AMBER'S POV

I was still super bummed that I was stuck in the house on one of the days I was supposed to have absolute freedom. My mom got home at one o'clock and tried to do things to cheer me up.

We watched the old school and new school versions of Sparkle. We rocked out to Tina Turner hits while watching What's Love Got to Do With It? Finally we calmed down with Think Like A Man.

When the last movie was over I realized that Shannon's party was going to be starting soon. The good mood I was in from watching some of favorite movies deflated.

"What's wrong sweetie?" my mom asked as she used the mini-vac to suck popcorn kernels from in between the couch seats.

"Shannon is throwing a party and I had hoped to be there." I pouted.

My mom finished her task and walked over to me. She placed a kiss on my forehead.

"There will be other parties. Besides, isn't her birthday next month? I'll even help her parents fund the soiree."

I force a smile and move back from her. I go in my room and flop down on my bed. I turn on my IPod and place in my earbuds. I blast a mixture of hip-hop, rock, pop and rap classics. I hoped Emery would still go to Shannon's party even though I wouldn't be there. I also hoped they had a good time tonight.

SHANNON'S POV

I was in awe as I looked around the living room, dining room and kitchen. Between Garrett, my step-sister Michelle and I we did a great job decorating. The theme colors were blue, purple and white and I sent out a mass text telling everyone to show up dressed in those colors. I was dressed in a tie-dye dress which had those three colors implemented in it.

Garrett had a drink station set up in the kitchen and he promised to man it for the first hour and then two of his pals would rotate manning it throughout the rest of the night. The den was transformed into a dance hall and Michelle got a friend of hers who owed her a favor to DJ.