Chapter 20

EMERY’S POV

Saturday came quickly. After telling Noelle I had no feelings for her whatsoever, she distanced herself from me. She did call me last night however, telling me her dad was going back to Georgia to check on her mother and younger siblings. She invited me over to spend the night since she was going to be all alone. Seriously?

I immediately declined and told her I was going on a cruise with my girlfriend. I heard her gasp in surprise that I would turn down a night of sex; which probably let her know Amber and I were sleeping together. I hung on her before she could say anything else.

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to shower. I had already packed for the trip and the ship was set to leave the dock at noon.

I asked Garrett to pick up my letterman jacket for me since I wouldn’t have time to pick it up. After I dressed and placed my luggage in the car I headed to the dock.

There were hundreds of people there preparing to board the three ships. I scanned the crowd for Amber, her mom and Axel but I didn’t see them. It eleven o’clock so I didn’t know if they had arrived yet. I pulled out my cell and called Amber.

AMBER’S POV

I was super excited when I woke up this morning. I had packed last night and was ready to go. Unfortunately I woke around nine o’clock so I had no choice but to wait until noon when the ship would leave. I left my room and went into the bathroom to shower.

I left the bathroom when I was done and went into my room to dress for the day. I remembered Emery wanted me to wear my red pumps so I made sure they were in my luggage. A knock on my door tears me from my thoughts. I grip the towel around my naked body.

“Just a minute!”  I yell.

All of a sudden my door is pushed open and I gasp when Axel sticks his head in.

“What are you doing?!” I yell at him and rush to my closet from his view.

I hear him chuckle like what he just did was no big deal. “Breakfast is ready baby girl. Come out when you’re ready.”

I heard my door closed and I was pissed. I quickly dressed in a pair of jeans and a fitted tee. I rushed out to the dining room where my mom and Axel were seated, preparing to eat. My mother smiled up at me.

“Hey baby! You ready for our cruise?”

I frowned. “Mom, can I talk to you?”

“Axel already told me he walked in on you by accident and you were in your towel. He did knock on your door before walking in.” she stated in his defense.

I look to Axel. “Didn’t you hear me say, ‘just a minute’?”

“I’m sorry Amber but I honestly didn’t. Do you accept my apology?” he asks me sweetly.

This was just too weird. And here I thought this guy came along to make my mom happier. And even though she was happy, I was starting to get creeped out. I just sighed and sat down to eat breakfast.

“Oh, Vivian I’ve made an appointment with a wedding planner on Monday. I was thinking this summer would be perfect for our wedding.” Axel stated.

My mom stared at him with confusion. “Baby, we agreed to wait until after Amber graduated so we could have the house to ourselves.”

They were talking like I wasn’t in the room.

“I know but that’s over a year from now. I really don’t want to wait to make you my wife.”

She smiles at him and reaches across the table, placing her hand over his. I guess his sweet talking worked because she agreed to a summer wedding.