Chapter 3

Author's Note: This chapter changes POV but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless :-) The video is of the actress I envison as Shannon.

****

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. Mallori spent the entire day campaigning for her party which was in two days. She was telling people it would be the party of the year. I had to laugh because it was early February!

By lunch people were talking about Mallori's party but I hadn't heard anything about Shannon's party. I asked her how she was going to rival Mallori when no one knew she was having a party. She gave me a sly smile and told me not to worry.

When the final bell of the day rang I followed everyone out into the hall and toward my locker. Shannon was there as usual. I gathered the things I needed for homework and Shannon waved to a couple of cute boys who whistled in our direction.

"So, if I stay after school with you to keep you company you think your cutie with a booty will take me home?" Shannon smiles at me once I close my locker and face her.

"Cutie with a booty? Have you been checking out my man's ass?" I smirk.

Shannon nods without shame. "Hey, he's hot so sue me."

I laugh and loop my arm with hers and we head outside towards the soccer field. We make our way to the bleachers where there are a few other people watching the guys practice soccer, baseball and tennis.

 I spot Emery on the soccer field and he looks so good in the standard white tee and red knee length shorts. I notice his hair is tied in a ponytail. He spots me looking at him and winks at me. I throw him a smile and then I see Felix run up behind Emery. He looks at me with an angry expression and yells for the players to get into formation.

Shannon and I work on homework for a little bit during the try-out. I pull away from a Calculus problem and see Emery make a sweet pass to Felix who then kicks the ball to the goalie who misses the ball earning their team a point. I cheer for Emery and he blows a kiss in my direction.

"Nottingham! Leave the ladies alone and focus on the game!"

I see the coach screaming at Emery. He nods and rushes to the other guys to finish up the game. The rest of the game lasts an hour and after the coach gathers the guys for a talk he dismisses them. I see Emery rushing to the fence that separated the bleachers from the field. I get up and approach the fence when Emery waves me over.

"Give me fifteen minutes to change. Meet me at my car." he tells me.

"Okay. Do you mind giving Shannon a ride?" I ask while motioning over my shoulder at my bestie.

He nods. "Sure. See you in fifteen."

He presses his face against the fence and puckers his lips through one of the holes. I can't help but laugh at him. I push my head to his and kiss his lips. When we part he opens his eyes and stares at me with intensity behind his brown orbs.

He doesn't say anything as he pulls back from the fence and rushes toward the building to change. A few seconds later Felix appears at my side.

"So, you dating the new kid?" he states in an accusing tone.

"What's it to you?" I ask without looking at him.

"You look really good today. No one could blame the new kid for getting distracted by you." Felix says while moving closer to me.

 I side step away from him. "What do you want Felix?"

He grabs my shoulders and turns me so I am facing him. "Well, I wanted a date to Mallori's party but word spread that you were locking lips with the new guy in the hall earlier today."