Chapter 8

MALLORI'S POV

"Lemme see!" I scream excitedly at Felix as he crawls through my window.

"Can you wait until I get in please?" he says as he brings his body through the window.

"I just wanna make sure you got it."

Felix is fully in my room and he pushes his hair away from his face. He gives me a smirk and pulls his phone from his back pocket.

"Relax, I got it."

He holds out his phone to me and I rip it from his hands. I access his photos and I scroll through some naked pics of girls in the freshman and sophomore class. Silly bitches! I finally find the photo of me kissing Emery and I smile widely.

"Excellent! You did good."

"You know this isn't going to break them up." Felix states.

I roll my eyes at him. "I know that but I'm keeping this in case he doesn't tell Amber. Then when I show her the picture she'll know he lied to her and that, my dear Felix, will break them up."

I forward the picture of my liplock with Emery to my phone. I hand Felix back his phone and he just shakes his head at me.

"What is your problem?"

He sighs. "You know Mallori, we're sorta friends..."

Sorta? I thought we were good friends.

"And I think you'll want to hear this from me more than anyone else. This plan of yours sucks and you'll only end up looking desperate and patheic in everyone's eyes. You won't get Emery and I won't get Amber so I think its time that we both faced the facts and moved on."

My mouth drops at his words. How dare he say those things to me?! I won't let that deter me from what I want...and what I wanted was Emery.

After I throw Felix out of my room I fall onto my bed and imagine Monday turning out just the way I wanted. I would show Amber the pic of me kissing her man, she would break up with him for lying to her because I know he won't tell her what went down last night and I would weasel my way into his arms. Yes, it was going to be perfect!

AMBER'S POV

It was Sunday morning. One more day and I was no longer grounded! My mom left an hour ago to head to church. I desperately wanted to call Emery or Shannon and find out how the party went but I knew I would just find out tomorrow morning.

I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to fix a quick breakfast. There was nothing quicker than a bowl of cereal. I sat down at the dining room table to eat but I am interrupted when the doorbell rings. I sigh as my cereal would get soggy. I hated soggy cereal!

I push myself away from the table and walk to the front door. I open it and see Shannon standing there with a large smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I pull her inside before Mrs. Hirsch could see her. "Didn't Emery tell you I was grounded?"

She still has her large smile as she sits on the couch. "Yeah, but I have some news that I couldn't wait 'til Monday to share."

"Wait, how did you get here? Your dad took away your car keys." I ponder.

"Garrett dropped me off. He'll be back in ten minutes to get me."

"So how are things going with you two? Oh, how was the party?" I throw questions at her.

"Garrett is so amazing. I think he really cares for me and the party was great up until Mallori crashed and Felix got into a fight with Toby Springer."