Chapter 47

AMBER’S POV

My mom and I left the kitchen together and as she walked back to her bedroom, I walked into living room and sat next to Emery. He gave me an inquisitive stare; I guess he wanted to know what my mom and I were talking about.

“How much trouble are you in?” he asks.

I throw him a smile. “Not as much as you’d think. It seems my mom has come to her senses. She broke up with your uncle.”

He widens his eyes at my statement. “Seriously? I wonder if that’s why he peeled out of here so fast. What happened between them?”

I shrug. “She didn’t go into details.”

He smiles and throws his arm around me and pulls me closer to him. “Does this mean this crazy four day nightmare has come to an end?”

I place my head on his shoulder and throw my arm over his torso. “If it has than I am pleased with this ending. Oh and FYI the next time we’re alone I am going to thoroughly show you how much I appreciate you being my knight in shining armor tonight.”

I hear him moan loudly and I chuckle. Emery grabs my face and positions it so I am looking at him. He pushes his head to mine and kisses me roughly. I accept it with pleasure as it had been a few days since we could be in each other’s arms like this.

Our embrace could’ve lasted days but of course one of us had to come up for air. I gently pull away from Emery and he pulls me back to him before I can move too far away. He pecks at my lips as I giggle while placing my hands on his chest.

“Babe, you’re going to bruise my lips.”

“It’s worth it though, right?” he teases and gives me a few more pecks.

“Of course but we don’t have much time together. My mom wants you to leave at eleven-thirty.” I tell him.

He removes his right arm from around me and stares at his watch. I steal a peek and see it’s a quarter to eleven.

“Damn, what can we do in forty-five minutes?” he ponders.

I cuddle into his body. “Just hold me for a minute. We can figure out the rest later.”

I feel his strong arms wrap back around me. I lay my head on his chest and the rhythmic sound of his heartbeat is so soothing. Emery begins running his fingers through my hair and I smile as weariness starts to take its toll.

“I love you Amber.” I hear him whisper before drifting off to sleep.

EMERY’S POV

I held Amber in my arm the entire forty five minutes. Amber’s mom came out of her room and saw Amber asleep in my arms. She gives me a small smile.