What? Okay, I can see why she would think that. “No Shannon, I’m not pregnant.”

“Wow so this is for real?”

“Yes, I am going to marry Emery.”

“Am I going to be the maid of honor?”

“Of course. Look, we’ll talk more about this later. Good night.”

I tell her that I love her and end the call. I then call Emery before I get ready to go to sleep.

“Hey baby.” he answers.

“Hey. So Shannon knows we’re engaged and she thinks I’m pregnant.” I tell him.

He laughs. “Well I can see why she would think that. God, I’m going to hate having to leave you this fall.”

I smile at his words. “I know babe but it’s something that has to be done. We’ll still see each other on holidays and we’ll Skype every night.”

“Yep. We just have to cherish these last three months we have together.”

“We will. I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you so much.” I state between yawns.

“All right baby. Sleep tight and I love you too.”

I end the call and quickly pull off my dress. I get into bed and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

VIVIAN’S POV

“Are you serious?!”

Mitch was not happy when I tell him that his nephew has proposed to my daughter.

“What the fuck is he thinking? He just turns eighteen so his first adult decision is to propose to someone he’s been dating for three months?”

“Tell me about it. I guess you know what this means.” I sigh.

“It means nothing. You said we would wait until Amber graduates to pursue a relationship and that’s what we’re going to do.”

“Mitch just let it go. It is obvious Emery and Amber believe their relationship will last and you should’ve seen that ring. They’re serious.”

“They’re teenagers. Let’s just wait it out like we promised. Let’s see what time brings.”

EMERY’S POV

Three weeks later…

PROM

Three weeks have passed and one of the two biggest events to any senior is three hours away: PROM. Things have been going so good that I’m almost wondering when shit is going hit the fan.