A Walk Through Hell 13

OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS! I LIVE! 

Ugh, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in forever and a day! I've been so busy since school started, and I've not been able to even come close to thinking up anything to write. But I'm back now, and I have a lot going for Liz and Jaimie now. c:

And yes, I know what you're thinking! "UGH, RACHEL, IT'S ONLY ONE PAGE."   Well, I'M SORRY OKAY, I'VE BEEN WRITING THIS CHAPTER FOR OVER A MONTH AND I FINALLY GOT IT TO BE PERFECT DON'T YELL AT ME. ;~; 

Rate, Comment, Tweet, ect.  ♡ 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look into Jaimie's eyes, and hold out my hand. 

"Keys." I say, smiling.

He plops his keys into my hands, and follows me out the door, through the living room, and into his car. I climb into the drivers seat, and look over at him.  

"Make yourself comfortable." I smile, pulling out of the driveway.  I drive for hours, and eventually Jaimie falls asleep, his feet on the dash.  Though, in his awake, and asleep state, his face never turns away from me. His eyes fixated on my face.  I can barely focus on the road, as he stares at me, and talks to me, and laughs with me.  

After about 4 hours of driving, I pull over to the side of the road, jump out of the car and run to the ledge of a large mountain.  Someone had put ropes up, to keep people away from the edge, but I ignore them, sitting on the exact edge, looking down at the water below us.  The mountain this ledge belonged to, lay directly next to the ocean, and though we were very high up, I could still smell a faint smell of the ocean.

I take a deep breath as Jaimie sits next to me.

"What would you do if I jumped?" I say, looking down at the water.

He sits and thinks a while, and eventually I turn to look at him, though he does not do the same for me.

"Jump after you."  He says, looking into my eyes.  I look away quickly.  What's coming over me? I know I love Jaimie, but why does it feel like I'm only realizing the fact now? Why am I only just now realizing how amazing he is, or how lucky I am to have him?

"What if you fell first." I ask.

"Well then I'd never have to live a second with out you." 

As the words exit his lips, a smile forms on my face.  I turn towards him.

"Someday, when we're married, and really successful, can we come back here? On a complete whim, dressed however we are that day.  We won't dress up, or dress down, we'll just come. Together."  I say. 

"What about the kids?"  He asks, smiling.

"FUCK THE KIDS." I laugh. "The little brats can fend for themselves!" 

We laugh for a while, making jokes about the names of our children, that they'd go to jewish school because they'd have his big nose, and so on and so forth. 

He stands, looking down at me a hand held out to help me - I wave it off.

"When it's all said and done, the war we've finally won." I say, wraping my arm around his waist.

"What's that from?" Jaimie smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"My head." I say, resting my head on his shoulder.  

This is perfect, we're perfect. My head resting perfectly on his shoulder, his arm laying loosely on my own shoulder - To stay like this forever, would be like heaven for me.  We reach Jaimie's car, and as he climbs in I stand watching him. He had an adorable butt, I have to say.  He turns to me, smiling sweetly, but I freeze - I don't want to get in the car, and go back to the town I've called home for too long.  

"Jaimie, I'm going to propose something, and no, you don't have to agree with it - but if you don't agree with it our wedding will be no more."  I say, looking down.  I choke up as the words no, and more, Leave my life. 

"What is that, beautiful?" his face changes from a sweet smile to a sort of terrified and confused expression.

"I want to get Paul and Sky and go to disneyland..." Of all the places I could go, of all the things I could ask for in that moment - Disney was all that came to my mind. I stare into Jaimie's eyes, my every hope of leaving the shit town I currently resided in lay simply on this one request - My entire life as I've planned it will be crushed.

"Only if we get to ride the tea-cups" Jaimie smiles. 

I jump into the car, tackling him with joyfull kisses.  He was my heart, and he knew just how to keep me sane.