A Walk Through Hell 5

I'm thinking about spacing out when I put this story up, so you guys don't get bored of it.

But  I just love posting it right when it's done! Oi, petty white girl problems.

Anyway, enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my usual position that monday morning, my head on Jaimie's chest, himself awake awaiting me to do the same.  "You ready for school?" he asks, smiling.

"Not really, but I'm pretty sure we have to go anyway." I say, Jaimie chuckles as we roll out of bed.  I'd at some point run out of clothes to wear, so I'd started borrowing from Jaimie's older sister. She'd moved out, but left clothes she didn't need/want.   As we loaded Jaimie's car, my thoughts began to wonder.  "I wonder what Caroline is doing." I thought, staring out the window.  "Does mom miss me?" my thoughts continue on a constant spiral, as we roll into the school parking lot.  People had yet to shun Jaimie for hanging around me, but as we walked in with each other, I could feel their hateful glares.

"Jaimie, I don't think we should walk together..." I say, my head cast down.  He looks at me, and lifts my chin with his fingers. 

"Why is that, beautiful?" His smile is so bright, I can barely believe it sometimes.  Soon Paul walks up, his face beat red.  I crack a smile.

"Did you get a sunburn or...." I giggle.

"Shut up." He groans.  

I'm pretty happy right now,  to say the least.  Paul and Jaimie are the cream of the crop when it comes to friends. Which, hits me.  I, for the first time in over a year, have friends. I'd always had friends back in my home town, but nobody I ever got to see on a daily basis, or go to school with.  I smile forms on my face, bigger than I'd smiled in a really long time. Almost simultaneously, they ask me:   "Why so happy?"  I wrap my arms around their wastes.

"I just love you guys."  

The day passes by in a pretty big blurr, and as Jaimie, Paul, and myself pile into Jaimie's car I lean on the arm rest of the front seat.  

"We need more excitement in our lives." I laugh.

"What's more excitement than being almost graduates?" Paul winks.

We all laugh as I look out the window.  We drive by a familiar setting.  The park I'd always taken my little sister to.  I let out a slight sigh, as the park blurrs from my vision. Then it hit's me. We're not going back to Jaimie, or Paul's house.  Jaimie's taking us to my house.

"Where the shit are you taking us, man?" Paul calls out from the back seat, and though I know the surroundings, I ask the same question.

"We're getting stuff for Liz.  She ran out of clothes, and besides, it's not like I'm making you go in alone." He says, looking at me.  I pull my knees in, and burrie my face in them.

"You guys can go," I say, my knees muffle the sound. "Theres a suitcase in my closet, just put as much as you can in there." I continue. 

"Oh and Paul, can you give Caroline a hug for me? I can't face her..." I finish, as we pull into the driveway.   They both nod, getting out of the car.  As Paul walks by my window, me mouths "Are you sure?"  I just nod.  

A few moments later they're both walking, Jaimie and Paul both with suicases. But alogn with the suitcase, Paul has a note.

"Your mom wrote you a note." He says, climbing into the car. It reads:

“Dear Elizabeth,  I miss and love you very much. I don’t know what has upset you, but please come home soon. Love, mom.”     On the bottom sits a picture, one my sister had drawn for me.  From what I can tell, it’s supposed to be us.  A tear rolls down my cheek, but I quickly whipe it away. Don’t cry again. I think. Don’t cry.  Jaimie looks at me, rubbing my back.  Paul tries to comfort me as well, saying that it’s for the best that I’ve left, and so on and so forth. 

The last stop we make before finally returning to Jaimie’s house, is the beach.  We’d lived pretty close to a beach, which was nice, because beaches always did calm me down.  I guessed that Paul had tipped Jaimie off on that one.  I was excited now, jumping out the car and running down the beach.  Paul runs up behind me, and Jaimie trails behind him.  I splash into the water, but I obviously can’t do anything with out falling face first.

“Holy Shit Liz!” I hear Jaimie scream.  For whatever reason, my first instinct is not to get up, it is to sit there. To sit incumpsed in the water, to just lay there. But soon everything goes black, as if I’d just closed my eyes and lost myself.  I feel someone lift me, and soon I am no longer on the ground.  I’m in someone’s arms.  For as incoherent as I am, I can still tell everything that’s going on around me. Paul is carrying me, and Jaimie is telling him to hold my head.   They lay me down in the back of the car, my head sits in Paul’s lap.

“Duh fuck?” I murmur.  Paul looks at me, running his fingers though my hair. “God, your the biggest mess I’ve ever come across.” He mumbles.  I guess he hadn’t heard me.  He looks up at Jaimie.  “Are you sure you’re okay with her staying with you, I can take her in if you want.”  He says. 

“It’s fine. I like the company.”  I can’t see it, but I know Jaimie’s smiling. 

“What even happened?” Paul’s voice is low.

Jaimie explains to him, everything that had happened. How I’d ran into him, and told him that I didn’t have anyone.  Everything. He says it like it had happened moments ago.  Had that night really been on his mind that much?  I tried to sit up. Paul stops me.

“Just Stay.”  He mouths.  I blink, as he leans over and kisses my forehead. 

“She’s a real mess, aint she?” Paul laughs.

“Yeah, but she’s our mess.” Jaimie respondes.

On the way back to Jaimie’s house, he drops off Paul.  I’m left laying in the backseat. I’m fully awake, but Paul seems to want Jaimie to think otherwise.  I keep my eyes closed, and soon I feel Jaimie’s arms around me. He’s warm as he carries me into his house.  He walks me into his room, and lays me down on his bed.  I feel his lips on mine, and he whispers something. I open my eyes, and before he can fully leave the room, I call his name.

“Jaimie.” I say.

“Yes Liz?” He says back, not really looking at me.

“Will you promise me something.” I say quietly, he turns to me now.

“Anything.” 

“Will you always be here.” 

“Of course.”

“Promise?”

“Yes.”

“Even when I’m bitchy?”

“Always.” 

He comes back and sits next to me, kissing my cheek.  What was this feeling? I’d never needed people, not even Paul.  But for whatever reason, with Jaimie, it was different. I needed him, and I didn’t want him to leave me. I wanted to wake up next to him, and eat breakfast with him, and lunch, and dinner, and play games with him, and let him meet my mom, and stay with him forever, even on my ugly days.  Could I really be developing feelings for him?