Chapter 76

Clarke's POV

Once the party begins, I find myself relaxing. Lexa seems to be having fun. After what feels like forever, our people are finally at peace. It's the best reason to celebrate.

Some of the warriors can play instruments, so a make shift band is in the center of the festivities. Raven and Octavia are dancing together. Their boyfriends are off to the side, drinking the alcohol someone managed to get and bring here.

Lexa and I are sitting side by side on a fallen log. I grabbed her hand earlier and still haven't let go. She doesn't seem to mind. We're so close the our shoulders are touching. We sit together, drinking and eating until we're too full to eat a pebble.

I think we're both just content to see our people happily intermingling and letting loose. Everyone's happy and dancing and laughing. After a war, it's a magnificent sight to see. Even Mom seems to be enjoying herself. She's been dancing with Kane and I think they're making out against a tree. But I don't want to look and confirm that. To see my mom kissing someone in that way... It'd scar me for life.

Which is almost ironic, seeing as that'd scar me with the things I've seen that don't include kissy mothers.

I lean against Lexa and she wraps an arm around me, kissing my cheek. Octavia and Raven stumble over, both dropping ungracefully onto the log next to us.

Raven immediately rolls up her pang leg, grimacing at her leg brace.

"Remind me never to dance with Octavia again. I'm so tired of dancing and standing up." Raven complains.

"You were the one that kept insisting that you're fine!" Octavia protests.

"At least we were more interesting than Ms. Stick and Ms. Mud over here." Raven gives us a look.

Even I'm confused. "What does that even mean?"

"You didn't get it?" Raven groans dramatically. "Come on, Griffin. Stick in the mud. It's a popular phrase. Get it? Stick in the mud?" She smirks at us and high fives Octavia.

"Are you two even drinking?" Octavia asks, noticing our empty glasses.

"We are. Just not much. We do have to leave soon." Lexa points out, her thumb tracing a circle on my hand.

"Ooh, where are we going?" Octavia asks. She and Raven both lean forward, excited.

"We? You assume you're invited?" I tease.

"Rude. We're your best friends!" Raven crosses her arms. "Come on."

"It's nowhere interesting yet. We're headed back to the Ark first to ask our people a question. They'll vote and we'll see where we go from there. It will depend on what they decide." I shrug.

"What's the question?" Raven presses.

"You'll have to find out. But we're leaving the day after tomorrow so that you can have tomorrow to power through your food coma and hangover."

"Great!" Octavia perks up. "We can party harder now that we know we have tomorrow to suffer! Come on, Reyes!" With that, she drags off Raven.

I turn to Lexa, who was silent throughout our exchange. "You're okay with me telling them that, right?"

She smiles gently, squeezing my hand. "Of course. I am just thinking about the preparations we will have to make tomorrow in order to journey to your camp."

I nod. Her words remind me of an occurring idea I've had. "Um, Lexa? So we're going to travel regardless of what our people say, the purpose of our traveling will just be different. But after all that, what do you think about building a town made specifically to house both your people and mine?"

"That is a good idea, Clarke." Lexa's eyes brighten and I relax. She's excited about this.

"Good. Because I was thinking that's where we could live. You know, together. If you want."

"Together?" Lexa asks. "To share a home with the woman I love?"

"Uh, even a room or a bed." I say nervously. "If you're okay with that."

"That sounds perfect, Clarke." Lexa kisses me until we're both breathless.

"So... Together?" I want to make sure this isn't some oxygen-deprived hallucination (Lexa's a REALLY good kisser).

"Together."

And... That's all for book two, folks! Whoa, I didn't expect it to end so soon. Anyway! Book three will be up on the 16th (I'll continue my publishing habits so there will be a new chapter every three days). I think it's *almost* perfect timing because the first book has almost hit 100k (which is fucking insane I may have made an inhuman high pitched noise when I realized that). So thank you all do much for reading!

To be honest, this all started out with me wanting to change the ending to season 2 and now writing stories had truly become my life! Your comments motivate and inspire me! (I've shown some to friends and mentioned some aloud because I'm proud of them)

Other things I've been wanting to tell you guys... I'm in Intro to Film and we have to turn a short story into a 15 page screenplay so I decided to do the ending part of Her Weakness where Lexa rescues Clarke (I'm even including the gay kisses at the end when they're surrounded by like 100 dead bodies. So sweet). If you're interested in reading it, I can put it on here (though it literally just is chapter 18-whatever I'm going to end it on of Her Weakness). Also, I'd like to talk about the trailer for season 3 (spoilers ahead so of you don't want them skip the rest of this paragraph). Specifically, Clarke getting laid. I'm slightly sad it isn't Lexa, but come on. How could I be sad about Clarke having sex with that gorgeous Grounder woman? Get it, Griffin!

If you want to read more of my stories, I've published an original story called Wolves Among Sheep on here (why yes there are lesbian werewolves) and I just put I Hate Myself But I Love You on here (Carmilla Fanfiction. If you haven't seen Carmilla, watch it. It's so gay and it's a webseries so it's on YouTube). Her Weakness, I Hate Myself But I Love You, and Their Enemies are all on archiveofourown under the name wolf3223. If you want to contact me for any reason, message me here or on Tumblr (wolf3223).

Okay, the longest author's note ever is over soon, I promise. I just want to thank you all again for reading my stories and all of your support! Stay awesome!