Chapter 63

Clarke's POV

The blade of the katana gets alarmingly close to my abdomen as I'm awestruck with this sword. I leap back just in time so that my guts aren't spilling into the floor. I just can't get over that sword. I never thought I would be the one drooling over a sword. I thought that it would be Lexa.

But float me, that sword is awesome. I want ten.

"Where did you get that sword?" I ask as I duck from another attack.

"A trader." He grunts as I elbow him in the stomach.

He expertly deflects me, the vibrations of our swords hitting each other thrumming through my body.

"Hey Princess!" I hear Raven yell. I don't respond; losing focus could mean my death. "Need any help?"

"No." I respond quickly, leaping to the side as I'm nearly cleaved in half.

Her weapons of choice are bombs and guns. She'd either blow me up along with him or shoot me instead because we're constantly moving. Our feet are dancing across the battlefield as we both try to get the upper hand.

My muscles are screaming their protest; I haven't fought this hard since Lexa was teaching me.

I glance over to her to make sure that she's okay and hiss as I don't dodge in time. There's a small cut on my arm, so high it's nearly my shoulder. It's not deep and I'll live, but it stings.

Lexa's fighting the Ice Queen still. I had no idea that she's such a good fighter. She's been holding her own against the Commander. They're both tiring and I have the urge to get over there as soon as possible to help end it.

We resume our deadly dance, swords clashing. I feign exhaustion, huffing and weakening my thrusts.

He picks up on this and hits harder. In a move I learned from Lexa, I drive my knee up into his crotch. He groans and stumbles back. I step forward and attack one last time, my sword going so deep into his neck it hits bone.

I grimace and pull my sword out. The katana falls to the floor, clattering. Beheading someone is difficult and frankly, he's not worth the effort.

I pick up the katana, twirling it. It's light and easy to move. Damn I love this sword. The handle is black with red woven into diamonds going down in a straight line. The blade itself is black as death. Awesome.

I begin making my way towards the thrones where Lexa and the Ice Queen are fighting. I slice at enemies with my swords.

One warrior moves toward me, grabbing me and digging their fingers into the cut on my arm. I take in a breath, letting out a small pained gasp.

I stab the asshat through the heart. I look back up, hoping Lexa hadn't heard me. She did. She's studying me with a worried expression.

I see it coming before she does; she's distracted by me. I try to yell out a warning, but I'm not fast enough and she falls to her knees. Lexa is in a slowly growing pool of her own blood, staring at me with wide eyes.