Chapter 47

Lexa's POV

The Ice Queen storms in and I smirk, resting my head against the wall. They still have not tied me up again, for whatever reason. Kane posing as a guard (and consort) stands near me, on edge. He is probably there to make sure I do not try to murder their Queen. Though I doubt if he would really mind of I do.

I will not, however, and wait patiently for Clarke to get me out somehow. Perhaps that is why Kane is here.

She stops in front of me, no hint of a smile on her face.

"What's she up to?" She hisses.

"Who?"

"Clarke. She declared war on my nation. She said her only intention is to get you back and to take me off my throne. She's looped your people into fighting with her. And she's going to lead them. Predict what she's going to do!"

The guards perk up slightly when they hear her intentions. They definitely do not like their Queen as much as she thinks they do.

I grin. Clarke leading our people into war. And yet she does not want to destroy the nation, only to free me and the people of the Ice Nation from their insane ruler. Even in times of war she is thinking of others.

"Her Highness asked you a question, prisoner." Kane growls, nudging me with his boot.

"You may as well kill me now." I say in a bored tone. "Nothing could ever make me betray her."

"I will set you free if you tell me." She offers.

I am taken aback. She thinks she is in love with me and she is willing to let me go? For this? Clarke really must have shaken her up.

"No."

"You know what to do." She says to her guards and Kane before turning on her heel and leaving.

The door slams shut behind her.

The guards move closer to me, some with smirks on their faces. There are four of them, not including Kane. Two break off and go to either side of me.

I can easily fight them off, especially since now I have food and water in my system. I am not as weak. But they do not know that. The two yank me up. I groan pitifully as I can, which makes then smile.

I study them, gauging their threat level. I quickly conclude that none of them are very threatening at all.

I pull my arms free from the two's grasps. Their faces are full of shock when I punch them both in the nose. Blood streams from them and they stumble backwards.

I quickly punch the other two in the sides and they fall to their knees, gasping for breath. I see Kane come up from the corner of my eye. I know he must keep up his disguise so I let him grab me. He is stronger than I expect, but I manage to yank him forward.

Once he is in front of me, I grab one arm and pull it until he is flush against me. One arm goes around his neck and I stare down the frightened guards.

"If you agree to leave peacefully I will not snap his neck."