Chapter 32

Clarke's POV

"They're working together?" I ask.

Shouldn't they hate each other?

"Yes." Raven nods and Octavia puts a hand on her shoulder, probably to comfort her.

I have noticed that they're really good friends now and are pretty touchy with each other. But that might just be Octavia being Octavia and Raven going along with it. Though I've never heard her complain.  But she doesn't complain about anything ever.

I think back, sifting through my last couple months of memory. Something clicks and I curse. "No wonder that Ice Warrior had a gun."

"Yeah. I didn't think much about that when you told us what happened." Octavia looks thoughtful for a moment before she says, "You know you need to do something to get her back. Her people won't be happy about her being kidnapped and I know I'm not."

My blood feels like it's freezing in my veins. "Are you suggesting we go to war with them? O, that's the thing we were trying to avoid! That's what Lexa tried to avoid!"

"Yes.  And now she's in the hands of some insane girl with delusions of them getting married. You know Lexa won't allow that to happen. That Ice Queen could do something horrible to her to convince her to."

"I hate it when you make sense. Okay, okay. I'll talk to our people today and the Grounders tomorrow."

"If we're going to war, who's going to lead? The Commander isn't here." Raven questions.

"Clarke." Octavia says.

"Yes?" Why did she say my name?

She sighs dramatically. "No, Clarke as in you're going to lead us."

"Wait. What?"

Maybe my brain isn't connected right. I can't have heard what I just did. Me? Lead an army? Into battle?

"Do I really need to repeat myself, Princess?"

Raven smirks at Octavia at the nickname. I fight the urge to groan and instead focus on what they're saying.

"I can't lead an army! I was the reason she was kidnapped!" I protest.

Raven gives me her famous are-you-kidding-me look. "I'm guessing that you're blaming yourself and you think that it's your fault."

"It is! If I heard him coming, or had the fighting skills to-"

Raven cuts me off. "Did you take her away? Did you force her away from the girl she's in love with?"

"No..." In love with? I blush at the thought. We've said we love each other, but not that...

"Then it's not your fault. Got it? I know you're still going to feel guilty, but it's not you're fault, Princess, that she's gone."