Chapter 11

"They decapitated her?" Clarke questions. I can barely hear her over the sounds of the forest.

"After they tortured her. They mutilated her after she died to get to me."

Clarke looks like someone kicked her wolf pup. She moves closer, stopping for a moment, searching my eyes and letting me know silently that I can pull away.

Why would I ever want to?

She wraps her arms around me and I melt into the embrace. Sometimes it just hits me how much different I have become since Clarke and I began dating. At first, I stiffened at her touch and a hug like this one would make me slightly uncomfortable.

I come out of my thoughts enough to realize she's whispering something into my shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm sorry..."

"It is fine, Clarke." I murmur back. I do not want her to be sad on my account. "What's done is done. We cannot change the past."

She pulls back slightly and presses her lips to my cheek. I close my eyes for a moment to take in her confidence, her affection. I can feel her smile against me and it can hear Octavia walking up to us. Clarke keeps ahold of my hand but untangles our bodies so we can move once more towards what will certainly be unpleasant, to say the least.

"Are you ready to see the Ice B i t c h?" Octavia asks as she links arms with Clarke.

I smile, knowing that she is correct. The Ice Queen is not kind in any person's eyes. Yet she has her eyes on me. I still cannot fathom why she wants me. Probably as a trophy.

And why does Clarke like me? I have so much... 'baggage' as Octavia calls it.

Lovely. Depressing thoughts before a depressing meeting. This will be interesting. The Ice Queen will hate Clarke the moment she sees her. I can only hope she will not even attempt to harm her. Wishful thinking.

We reach the entrance of TonDC quicker than I would like. If we never got there it would still be too soon. I lead them past people that smile and wave, though when they think when I am not looking, they glare at Clarke and Octavia.

The meeting place is easy to find. There are multiple guards with different armor.

We walk past them and they let all of us through. The only reason Octavia is let in is because each leader is allowed one guard inside.

"There are so many soldiers out there," Octavia comments as she walks in.

"It is a show of wealth and power, meant to intimidate. I do not care for such games, and the other leaders have learned to respect that." I respond.

The others' version of politics bores me. The other leaders would rather have their men flex their oversized arms than have a conversation on what must be done. They did not like my no nonsense attitude at first.

They assumed I was weak for not playing their games. Only once I took down their best men single-handed they no longer argued.

"Lexa," that voice sends hatred through my body. She killed my first, and until Clarke, only love. The Ice Queen.