Chapter 44

Lexa's POV

I wake up, too tired to even open my eyes. The obnoxious feminine voice echoing in this hellhole must have brought me out of unconsciousness. Not even I can sleep through that, and I have lived through wars.

"I wanted information from her, I didn't want her dead."

"We've only just arrived, Your Majesty. We haven't checked to see-"

"Then check!" She roars. Of course the Ice Queen is here.

She must be almost ready to leave. Now all she needs is information that I will never give her.

I hear feet scurrying over to me and fingers press lightly to my neck. My head lolls to the side. I am to weak to make myself comfortable.

"She isn't dead, Your Highness. I do believe she is rather unwell. She looks frighteningly thin and dehydrated."

I can practically hear the scowl on the Ice Queen's face.

"I told those moronic guards to give them little food and water, not no food and water. Stupid brutes. Fetch them at once and tell them that."

"Yes ma'am." He moves quickly away from me, taking time to shut the door without slamming it. I listen to steady footsteps toward me.

"Open your eyes, don't be lazy. I know you're alive." The Ice Queen growls. Was she in a bad mood before or did thinking I am dead really anger her do much?

From what I have seen of her she is eternally in a bad mood. Except when she is attempting to court me.

The man comes back in alone. "The guards are fetching food and water right now." His steps falter, "Your Excellency? May I ask what it is that you are doing?"

"I am trying to get her to open her eyes, the stubborn girl."

"The starvation and dehydration has taken it's toll, madam. She needs to be nursed back to help before she can do anything."

"I need the information NOW!"

"I realize that, but at this point it is impossible."

"You're new around here, aren't you. In my castle, there is no such thing as impossible. Get her to talk!"

"Unless you can delay the meeting several days there is no chance of that."

Even in my haze, I am still coherent enough to applaud this man in my head. She definitely needs to be taken off of her "high horse". Another term Clarke and Octavia have taught me.

I hope I will see them again.

"And be perceived as weakening? No. Very well. You are in charge of taking care of her."

A swish of fabric and a slamming door tells me she is gone.

"Commander?" That voice is familiar. How can it be familiar? "Please, open your eyes. She's gone. The guards are off to get food and water."

My vision is blurry but I can make out the vague shape of a man crouching in front of me. When it clears, I cannot believe my eyes.

"Kane?"

Ooh yet another plot twist. I promise Clarke's POV is coming up! Thank you guys for reading! Your comments and votes make my day! Stay awesome!